Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Event at Sephora In Reston store : , are theyfalse to attract people to the store?? ?

i registered for an exclusive event in Sephora store in Reston Virginia.

the event was schedule for 12:00. I received an email with a confirmation number the time of the event the address.

however iwhen I arrived to the Reston store the personal there didn’t know anything about this event. so are these events a total scam? Or the staff at the store choose who participates in this events (even if you are registered) based on clients appearance ?

Have anybody have this experience at Reston Virginia store? 

Pkease share your experiences 

Re: Event at Sephora In Reston store : , are theyfalse to attract people to the store?? ?

Hi @bvert

I'm sorry to hear about this! I will send you a PM to gather more info.

Always,
Danee

Re: Event at Sephora In Reston store : , are theyfalse to attract people to the store?? ?

-

@bvert I sent you a private message. To reply, please click on the envelope/bell icon in the top right corner, select my message, then reply. Thanks!

@bvert ,

Speaking from personal experience, I have shown up to these and sometimes there is confusion, but they aren't a scam or based on appearance (?).  Usually if a BA isn't sure, they contact a store manager who is aware of the event.  It's usually a rep from the brand (s) in store, which is nice, and can be a personalized experience (questions, product info, samples).  True enough, this is a way to attract people in-store, but I wouldn't say under false either.   Last one I attended, I got to speak with a rep from Maison Margiela and just had fun trying fragrances.  I didn't feel pressured to buy anything, but I came in with the intent of doing so anyway.  When I was done, I got a nice little travel bag for my purchase, which is something you could probably buy online, but it was a nice in-store experience.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing