Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense not available to the US anymore?

Hi all,

I finally, FINALLY found a sunscreen that doesn't completely break me out, and now it's shown as not available to the US. I really don't understand what happened, it was available not that long ago, and to top it off, there's a set that contains a smaller version of this product that is available.

Anyone knows what's up with that? I'd hate to start looking for a new product...

Thanks!

Re: Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense not available to the US anymore?

Drunk Elephant recently reformulated their Umbra Sheer Physical Defense; they actually listened to the feedback on the product and wanted to address it. It now has better application, with no white cast, but is still non-toxic zinc and amazing. They also released Umbra Tinte which is my favorite and I find myself not even needing to wear foundation with it. Love, love, love. 

Re: Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Defense not available to the US anymore?

It is not discontinued! If you look at the Drunk Elephant Instagram page, they have commented several times saying that they have reformulated it and that it will be back in stock at Sephora in either April or May. They are also making a tinted version.

Anonymous Insider

Oh I wanted to add in here that I did hear they are reformulating it. I think they are adding a tint. 

Anonymous Insider

I noticed it was missing on Sephora also. Is it discontinued by Drunk Elephant? Or just Sephora? I am just curious. I did buy it and have used all of a tube and am not happy with it. I wonder if Sephora is tired of the returns on this product? 

Hi firefly02,

Sorry about that! I took a look, and this product seems to be discontinued. Some stores should still have it in stock, so I'd recommend giving your local store a call, just to see if they might have some.

I know you said you don't relish the thought of finding a new product, but to start off your search, I think you might like the Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer SPF 47. It's also a mineral sunscreen, and very sensitive-skin friendly. I hope that helps!

-Stephanie

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing