Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Disappointing customer service

I have been a loyal Rouge customer of Sephora for more than 5 years now. Today, I want to write about a horrible customer service experience I had over the phone with one your agents regarding an unauthorized transaction on an e-gift card which I had received for Christmas for $250. I had used this card once for $17 back in Jan 2021 and since then have not used it. 

During the spring sale, I wanted to finish using this card when I realized there's only $1.25 left on the card. So I called the customer service line around 6:50pm today and spoke to a lady named Manny and explained the situation. After she looked into the case, I was informed that she realized it's not my transaction and the shipment was shipped to the province of Manitoba when I live in Ontario. But as this is a e-gift card, there was nothing Sephora could do in this case even if it's fraud. So I then asked for more information on this order so I could report this fraud to authorities  (e.g. who placed the order, the amount, date and time, and address it was sent to) and was told she could not provide this information due to privacy issues. And then I asked to speak to her manager and have this case escalated and was told I wouldn't hear anything differently even if I did speak to her manager or had written to you guys through email. I had also asked for her name and agent number and was told I can't have that as well. 

This is extremely disappointing customer service through Sephora I had received- it's really not about  the money that was stolen from my e-gift card. Sephora could have said they could have investigated in the case further- especially flag the account that took my money and freeze it or something? But simply to say to a loyal customer, too bad- so sad? How can this be acceptable? I have really lost trust and interest in purchasing anything further through Sephora. 

Please advise.

Regards

Re: Disappointing customer service

Hi @lulux777 I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I will look into this for you and will send you a PM. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing