Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

I have spent thousands of dollars at Sephora and used to consider Sephora an exciting place to shop with awesome products.  Over the past year, Sephora has really gone downhill.  The website experience is especially disappointing...the website technical issues are annoying, the items I want to purchase are often out of stock, and when I receive the email to notify me they are back in stock, even though I open it that same day, they have already sold out again. I also have thousands of Sephora points that I am unable to use, because all those 1000 point and above rewards they post on their site are only in stock for a second.  These items are for sale on their site, so why don't they release more for the reward to actually REWARD their loyal customers?  It is irritating that they continue to post all the sold out items.  I'm sure the purpose of a rewards program is to show appreciation to your good customers, not make them angry when they visit your site.  If it is sold out, Sephora should remove it from the Rewards Bazaar; then it would adequately reflect what a lame rewards program it is.  I contacted customer service about this specific issue and was told there is limited availability and thousands of people trying to get it and I needed to refresh the website until a good reward is released and then grab it.  Since I work full time, that was not helpful, but I happened to be home from work on the day the Two Faced Peach Palette was offered, so on that Tuesday from 6 a.m. for the next 4 hours I sat at my laptop and refreshed the screen.  The item finally dropped and when I added it to my cart, it said it was OUT OF STOCK.  Are you kidding me???I place orders on days when I see a sample offered of a product I'd like to try.  Yes, there is a disclaimer that out of stock samples will be replaced, but that should be a rare event.  Instead, in every order I've placed in the past year I've never receive the samples I've requested.  Why aren't they inventoried like your products so you can tell what is in stock at the time of the order?  I shouldn't be able to put it in my cart and place an order if I am not going to receive that product.Last month I received an Anastasia liquid lipstick for Christmas and took it back to Sephora to return it for store credit since it wasn't something I would use.  The associate told me that without a receipt, I would receive credit for the lowest price it had been available, and that was fine; I expected that instead of the regular $20 price it would be $16 to reflect the VIB 20% off sale.  She then said I would receive $3 for this $20 lipstick!  I asked when had it been on sale for $3?  She couldn't tell me.  This was a current color in stock in their store.  There is no way it was ever sold for $3.  I'll unload it on eBay.  These are all very disappointing experiences. Sephora: when you have lost your loyal customer base and wonder what happened, read all the complaints on this community - don't say we didn't warn you!

Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

I am a somewhat new Sephora customer and already over their policies and sorry excuse for a rewards system. I am ready to start going to Ulta. I just need to find a good replacement for my holy grail mascara that is unfortunately not available at Ulta. Come on Sephora, get it together. Allowing things like this to continue will cost you your entire customer base before long. Sephora policy should be Sephora policy whether it's a stand alone store, inside a JCPENNEY or online. I'm sick of having to drive almost an hour one way to a stand alone store because the one that is 5 minutes from my house is inside a JCPENNEY and they can't help you with anything. I had a return without a receipt and even though I used my beauty insider card so the purchase was linked to my card they told me I would only get store credit for the lowest price of that item in the last 90 days. I left drove an hour to the closest stand alone store and they gladly did the return by looking up the purchase using my beauty insider card. If one can do that then they all should. I'm one customer that you have who is hanging on by a thread and I see no reason at all to continue shopping at Sephora.
Anonymous Insider

you know that is a good point. I don't have a Sephora where I live now but am devoted to certain products that I have to order from here. I collect points but not enough to ever get one of those sold out big rewards. I wonder if they are ever for sale really and if they just have one available each time. I shop at Ulta mostly because it's like 3 mins from my house and I prefer my rewards benefits in form of redeemable credits so I can choose exactly how to spend the points that I earned from shopping. this morning I went to get benefits the blush bunch that retails for 24 and I had 18 dollars in rewards points so I got it for 6 dollars! now that makes me happy. trying to redeem my points for rewards that are either mini size of products I don't really care either way about or rewards that are sold out would be frustrating fast. you are absolutely right about it needs to change so the long term loyal customers that accrue large number of points can use them on something good. can you answer my question btw, those large rewards that are always sold out..what's the deal with that?

RE: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

Same and now this new return policy 😒

RE: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

Similar experience. Complained and complained. Same generic response "So sorry you are disappointed. Will send you private message". Questions/ answered gone from product page, delayed shipping, no samples, no gwp, reward bazaar is more torture bazaar then anything, I mean seriously why should I shop here anymore. Have started to spread my business between ulta, beautylish and Nordstrom. Came here only to get an item exclusive to Sephora. Out of stock. Sigh. Need to find a replacement somewhere else. I am about done fighting !!

Re: RE: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

Hi @pari79,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I'm very sorry for any trouble, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. If I can provide any assistance, please send me a private message with your order number. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

RE: Re: RE: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

Re-read my response. Nothing to do with specific order, unless or until you are a bot and can't tell the difference and only responding for the sake off !!!!!😡

Re: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

I had the same issues most of last year, with out of stocks and disappointments on samples. This year already I received wrong samples, so disappointing again. Instead of a Tom Ford fragrance, they substituted a Replica male fragrance. Really? When will I use that?? I was short one sample and another one was substituted. I called and was told the website is unable to reflect inventory levels properly and they are working on it. That's after being on hold for about 10 minutes. I've started taking my beauty purchases to Nordstroms, where there is free 2-day shipping, the samples are great (and available!), free returns, and I can use points on all their store items. 

Re: Disappointed in Sephora...horrible service, lame rewards, out of stock products, website technical issues...

Hi @kittengirl09,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback with us. I'm so sorry for the trouble you've experienced with redeeming rewards, as well as the missing or substituted samples you've received. I will send you a private message shortly to assist further.

- Laurie

Will you be contacting everyone that has had problems? I...

Will you be contacting everyone that has had problems? I posted a few comments about my constant problems and haven't received any sort of response.

Re: Will you be contacting everyone that has had problems? I...

Hi @ahiser,

If you have had issues with a specific order, please send me a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

I feel the same way!

I feel the same way!
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing