Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Damaged packages from Memphis, TN warehouse

I order a lot of Sephora online and lately I either get things delivered perfectly with good packing materials OR I get things shipped in boxes that are too big with little or no packing materials and the items I ordered are often damaged beyond repair.

Recently I ordered 3 Viseart palettes and you know $80 for a palette is a huge purchase for eye shadow.  When my box arrived the eye shadow palettes were so broken they broke off inside the palette boxes and sounded like a baby's rattles before I even dared to open the broken eye shadow palettes.  Destroyed beyond recognition.  Sephora did help with a replacement but it's coming from the same MemphisTN warehouse.  I am worried that the replacement will also be shipped with not enough protection in a too big box.

Because my orders either are perfect or totally destroyed and damaged I have started to look at the tracking for my online orders.  I realized this:  If a package comes from Utah it arrives in perfect condition and well packed in a square box, samples are included, and it's clearly done with care and professionalism.

However, if an order originates from MemphisTN it arrives in a larger rectangle box (Way too large for small make-up and skin care items.).  There is a small bit of butcher paper crumpled up to the side that provides NO protection as all the items I order are just jumbled up in a mess to be shaken and jostled around which in turn breaks delicate items such as very expensive eye shadow palettes.  

This is happening EVERY TIME I get a package from MemphisTN.  I've called Sephora but what I can't understand is that there is no quality control for MemphisTN and then from Utah items are shipped with loving care.

In addition when I'm missing samples or items are wrong (not what I ordered or altogether not in the box) it's always from the MemphisTN warehouse and any other warehouse located on the US East Coast.

If I can figure out via my shipping and tracking where the problems are, why is Sephora not doing something to fix this?  I really like Sephora online and have asked for my packages to only arrive from Utah for assurance that things will arrive in good condition, alas, that is not something they can do.

This is really just a plea to Sephora to look into why the breakdown and differences between great warehouses like Utah and abbysmal warehouses like MemphisTN.

Please look into this.  I'm a loyal customer but it's very frustrating to get damaged packages due to lack of care from a particular warehouse.  I am now awaiting a replacement for my Viseart (and they are only available online otherwise I would have gone into a brick and mortar Sephora) and to my disappointment I can see via tracking they are coming out of MemphisTN again.  I have my finger's crossed, but it shouldn't be like this.  Please look into why the MemphisTN warehouse is lacking the quality that is in practice from your other warehouses, like Utah. (Utah is the gold standard for Sephora.)

my Cinema Secrets just arrived spilled because the Memphis Distribution Center did not ensure the top was screwed on tight before shipping! at least the bottle was contained in a plastic bag....what a low bar for expectations!!!!!

Re: Damaged packages from Memphis, TN warehouse

Hi @beautyinsiderro,

I'm so sorry about this experience! I will send you a private message to help. 

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @beautyinsiderro,

Thank you for your response. I understand your frustration with this and I will pass your feedback along to our Shipping Department. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me or any other Mod. Have a wonderful day!

Best,

Zakiya

Thanks, you too. In my opinion, this matter should be escalated so that it can be actioned with accountability for results. It's not for my benefit, it's in Sephora's interest to do more than just bat feedback for the sake of giving customers an outlet to vent.

Hi @beautyinsiderro,

I am sorry to hear that your products arrived damaged. If you have not been assisted already, please send me a PM with your order number and I will look into this further for you. 

Best,

Zakiya

Thanks very much for your reply Zakiya. Unfortunately, I have had two delivered product failures in one week due to faulty distribution center practices with no sign of improvements. I do not need any more system generated notes or apologies.. ..I will not order any more products from Sephora until there is confirmation that the Memphis TN distribution center has successfully completed a corrective action plan.  The distribution center issues should be addressed by Sephora if it is interested in fixing a well known problem that has lingered for far too long. Please note that high quality is the result of continuous and concerted effort....all within Sephora's control if it chooses to provide good customer experiences. I am waiting but meanwhile I can get the products directly from the providers so I am not pressed by Sephora's apathy. 

A year after this original post the same problem persists. Last week I received a broken KVD eyeshadow and a few days later the replacement also arrived broken from this same distribution center. Each tiny eyeshadow single was "packed" in a big box with a crumpled piece of brown paper which offered no protection. Sending products out rattling around in a big box with no bubble wrap each time is apparently the delivery norm despite repeated feedback that this way of distribution is problematic.  I can stop ordering from Sephora and that will fix the problem for me. The failure to put samples in the box is also standard practice for this distribution center. Sephora is not correcting these issues therefore I can only conclude that it does not care to change this situation. Customer satisfaction is not a priority despite statements to the contrary.

This made me go back and look at my shipping information. I, absolutely, think you're on to something. I was upset because my orders either never have the samples I requested in them or no samples at all. And my orders never fall into the two day shipping category that they should. The size of the boxes is just wasteful. Now, after looking back through my orders, each of the orders I've had to call about came from Memphis, TN. I haven't placed an order online because I know it won't arrive in two (three since the order day doesn't count) days and I won't get the samples I've requested. I may as well go into the store inside JcPenny's. At least there, I'll get 10% off for doing a survey. Their selection is small but at least I get what I'm asking for.

@MidnightDreamer Their Memphis, TN warehouse is TERRIBLE.

As someone who resides in TN, this is where 95% of my orders come from and I absolutely hate it. Aside from having seen a few people complain about damaged items/even receiving empty boxes, I'm fairly sure their employees there are thieves. Nobody making online orders seems to get any samples from them ever and oftentimes and promo items have suspiciously gone missing as well. Then the same samples/minis will *suddenly* appear on eBay shipping from/around the Memphis area. At this point, I'm inclined to believe you are correct in saying that zero quality control exists there. Somebody needs to put their foot down, light a fire under their a** and get that DC under control.

Hi @MidnightDreamer

Thank you for your feedback. This sounds very frustrating and I'm sorry to hear about your ordering experiences. I am sharing your post directly with the distribution center team and please send me a private message if I can help you with anything else. 

All my best, 

Megan 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
testing