Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|
Anonymous Insider

Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

I have been a loyal customer from before many of your current customers even knew your store existed. My product reviews on my profile date back to 2010! But I have gradually been avoiding shopping here due to horrific customer service ("the system won't allow me to do it, sorry, nothing I can do").

Note: For anyone who thinks I am a scammer, I have recently received (and not returned or complained about) multiple packages besides these. And customer service (including Viviana who flagged my account incorrectly) can see that when they look at my account, so they know they are losing a good customer. And they do not care, which is truly astonishing imo.

Against my good judgment, I recently placed multiple orders for products I normally buy elsewhere because of the 15% off coupon. The initial shipments I received (one from USPS and one from UPS) were stolen due to covid-related city crime. I don't think that's unusual, that people are desperately stealing people's mail at this time of crisis. Also note that Sephora ships in the most obvious packaging ever that says SEPHORA in big letters, so thieves target these packages (maybe you shouldn't do that, you know).

When I reported these packages stolen to Sephora, I had to wait for a refund to process after reporting the loss (24-48 hours). While I was waiting, these orders were accidentally reshipped by another customer service agent. I called in to cancel the reshipment and then I had to go through a process of 1) receiving a store credit and then 2) a refund for the SAME order...SEPHORA CUSTOMER SERVICE PROCESSED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE FIXES AS A UNIQUE MAIL THEFT CLAIM.

Now, when I call in, customer service has flagged my account as some kind of scam artist and they tell me I have 8 theft claims on my account.

Next, the first shipment I physically received arrived in an unacceptable condition. I had to throw away the package because there was leaking shampoo all over the products from a burst shampoo packet sample, as well as open products. (Probably UPS delivery being passive aggressive and throwing my package after I filed a claim with the city police.)

When I called to receive a refund or store credit, customer service manager “Viviana" told me she cannot help me because I have 8 lost package claims in my account. She basically told me Sephora Customer Service has made so many mistakes (and negligence through shipping with UPS) that, that "the system" (god, that is annoying) will no longer allow them to help me.

Viviana and the customer service rep I spoke to before her basically treated me like some kind of con artist. They indirectly accused me of lying about claims, and even went as far as to strongly suggest I shouldn't shop at Sephora anymore.

"Viviana" told me someone would be in contact with me. At this point, I have lost money, time and have dealt with lies and accusations from Sephora on this order and I would just like things to be made right. You cannot even imagine how much time I've spent on hold on the phone over this. I can't believe she wouldn't even issue me a courtesy credit after dealing with this.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.14.53 AM.png

RE: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

You keep having your packages sent to an unsafe location and you expect Sephora to keep paying for your poor decision. That’s the crux of the problem here. You know your address isn’t safe and you’ve had 8 packages go missing. Ship to a safer location. Get a postal mail box.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

I keep receiving emails from Sephora staff that say this almost word for word. Thus I know Sephora has false accounts like "makeupmom" to try to make customers look bad with false responses. (They usually have mom in the name, so you know.)

It is not my fault that during the covid-19 pandemic a crime was committed against me (a felony), and I had my mail stolen.

• It has been addressed to the best of my ability, but Sephora customer service flagged my account incorrectly due to your mistakes in handling the incident.
  • You expect customers to understand when your orders are delayed and things happen to your company as a result of covid-19, but cannot see things from our perspective.
  • Telling me it's my fault because I need to move from my unsafe area is bullying and none of your business, honestly.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

Update 5/14

I received another message stating that due to my Sephora account history, no one can help me (see below in italics). Basically, by flagging my account as a scammer, it seems like no logic can be used.

Again, I have been a customer and rouge customer since before 2010. That's over a decade. Why would I be a scammer? I am just what you call an extremely offended customer after dealing with your mistakes on hold on the phone for literally days. 

For anyone out there who thinks Sephora values your business, I guarantee you from my experience, that they do not care about you. Just read some of the other complaints by long-time customers. Customer service has gone so downhill none of them will shop here anymore.

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. I will forward this feedback to the appropriate Team for review and consideration. At this time, we are unable to assist with any refunds or reshipments due to your account history. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Best,

Rebecca

Anonymous Insider

Re: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

Update 5/13:

As a Sephora CREDIT CARD holder (I'm an idiot I know), I was issued a $10 coupon to use. So AGAIN, like an idiot, I made the mistake of purchasing from Sephora.

They believe I have 8 mail thefts on my profile. So how do they ship my order? OnTrac (the cheapest, most unreliable mail service in my area notorious for mail theft). Because now if I try to contact them saying I lost the package, Sephora's customer service just reads off a script about how they can't help me.

I was watching the delivery and ran down to the front of my building the second it said delivered. Delivery staff left my packages outside on the sidewalk again, and there were suspicious people standing there probably ready to steal them. I actually think it's a crime ring and they purposefully set up the packages for mail theft with their buddies. LUCKILY there were a lot of people around so I was able to grab my packages first.

Why do Sephora customers have to deal with this? JUST SEND THE PACKAGES WITH USPS. Customers can put their mail on hold if there are issues. Look, I've solved your customer service issues myself and saved you a lot of trouble. You don't even have to pay me 100K a year as your loss consultant.

AVOID SEPHORA AT ALL COSTS. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Hi @kittycatgirlmeow,

I will send you a PM. 

Best, 
Rebecca

RE: Re: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

It’s up to you to have a safe location for package deliveries. If your location is prone to theft, you should consider renting a postal mail box which is different from a P.O. Box. With a postal mail box you are assigned a street address to have your mail/packages shipped to. I can see why Sephora isn’t going to take the hit for customers that don’t have a safe place for delivery.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Re: Covid related mail theft of my packages, Sephora customer service adding insult to injury

I actually have all of my mail on hold with USPS.

The issue is that the delivery service is leaving my packages in the middle of the sidewalk. There are actually lockboxes with keys next to my apartment building, but they will not use them.

Second, when you state that Sephora will "take a hit" it shows me you do not understand how retail shipping works.

The way that shipping works is that if the retailer (in this case Sephora) chooses to ship with let's say UPS who does that, it's up to the retailer (Sephora) to file an insurance claim and report the loss so that it is investigated by UPS. If they continue to have issues, they need to do business with a more responsible shipping company.

When Sephora chose to ship with OnTrac (notorious for mail theft) despite mail theft history on my account, that's actually negligence on their part.

I have provided all necessary information to Sephora in order to help them file an insurance claim in the form of a police report, btw.

Anonymous Insider

Here's the scripted response Sephora Customer Service reply with when I try to contact them:

Hi @kittycatgirlmeow,

We're unable to assist with a replacement or refund for orders, as we have accommodated in the past. You are welcome to place orders. However, they would be at your own risk.

(Because a customer service manager named "Viviana" flagged my account incorrectly as a scammer, and she believes that I somehow have 8 mail theft claims, they have to say this message to me word for word over the phone and online.)

Anonymous Insider

I just want people to know that since I've stopped shopping with Sephora, I have experienced amazing customer service when purchasing directly from the brands they sell. Ilia issued me a full refund without even having to return the items to them after I had an allergic reaction to some new products. Pat McGrath issued me a refund due to concealer color not being right just by providing a tracking number (didn't have to wait for them to receive it).

Please stop giving sephora your hard earned money. They will only get worse.

Hi @kittycatgirlmeow,

I will send you a private message.

Best,

Penelope

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 8.14.53 AM.png
testing