Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Cant use Store Credit Online

Why cant store credit be used online ? I dont understand, the money goes to Sephora regardless, and there are so many items that are online only. I know i cant be the only one that hates this, it makes me sooo mad becuase i hate going to store when i can place orders online from home. but then if i ever return something without a receipt i get stuck with store credit that just sits in my wallet forever. is sephora ever gonna change this ??

Re: Cant use Store Credit Online

This is honestly so frustrating! I was ready to order something online and I can't use the card! It would be easier to have returned it to a Sephora inside JCP because then at least you can use it on the JCP website to order Sephora items!

Just drove 2 hours round trip with a toddler to make a return...it was put on a store credit instead of a gift card and now I'm home and can't use it online. This sucks!! No way am I driving another two hours in Houston traffic trying to shop with a toddler. This is an outdated policy and it needs to change. 

I agree, this is a horrible policy! I'm not the biggest Sephora fan anymore.

So I'm not the only one who ran into this issue. I can't believe that a large and successful retailer such as Sephora still has such an OUTDATED return policy! Its ridiclous, I'm going to spend it regardless; don't worry you'll still get your sale geez, no need to back your customers in a corner like this! I'll probably end up spending a smaller amount now that I have to go in-store and the items I need are never in stock. Its April 2016 and ...nope this issue is still not corrected. Wow this is pretty pathetic.

Attention Sephora Customer Service: you have some VERY DISAPPOINTED customers here INCLUDING ME!

I have never once seen a business that doesn't allow you to use your store credit card for online purchases. It's absurd. When I was returning a foundation today, I specifically asked for store credit because I wanted the money immediately to go toward a new foundation that I've been meaning to try. Evidently, they didn't have that foundation (Tarte Rainforest of the Sea) stocked in stores yet. So, I figured that I could just order it online and use the store credit card.

Nope.

I was pretty irritated. I didn't even think to ask any of the employees if I could use it online or not, because I simply assumed that I could; every other business has allowed me to do it. So, perhaps that's my fault.

I researched their policies and discovered that there's an online store credit option available, so I wondered if I could at the very least transfer what I had from my physical store credit card into online store credit. 

One again, nope.

Awesome. 

I am very upset we can't use store credits online. Sephora doesn't have what I want in store so when I made my return I made to sure to ask that I can use the store credit online. The lady guaranteed I could use it but now that I have come to check out I realize I can't. Like others have this is very upsetting because we spend hundreds of dollars here and they won't even let us spend more money. The people who work in Sephora should really know the policies before they guarantee things. I live no where near a Sephora so I don't know how I will use this. 

Has anyone ever tried calling online and have them convert the amount to an e-gift card to use? I had this problem at Ulta and the lady gladly did it for me on the phone, but then again it's Ulta and not Sephora.

I am furious!!! I went to the mall a few days ago (an hour and a half from me) to exchange an item and they didn't carry that brand in the store! So I made the return and asked for the money to be put on a gift card. The girl hands me a card, and off I went. I go online, fill me basket with the item along with choosing free samples, using points, etc. only to find out that the girl gave me a store credit card that can't be used online!! The Item I Wanted Wasn't Available In The Store!!!!! What a horrible policy!!  What can be done to change this?!?! 

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I HATE IT! I think it's ridiculous that such a big company has to have such a narrow-minded policy! Sephora is getting the money anyways, so why make it so hard for costumers to purchase anything. I so much rather purchase online, than at the store (I spend more online Sephora FYI!), and now that I returned something at the store from an online purchase, they gave me Store Credit, which they never mentioned it could only be used in store purchases, which pissed me off because I specifically told the cashier that I was planning to make my future purchase online. I was all excited and added the products to the cart (spent 2 hours on it on top of that) to come to realize that store credit can only be used at the store. You're definitely loosing my business Sephora! Once I'm done spending my store credit, I'm not purchasing anything at your store again. Your policy needs to change!

I returned with receipts , 100% non open , non used and with 30 days. Why I cant get the credits back to my credits cards or even gift cards but store credits? this is totally ridiculous

X2 . I hate store credit thing, I cant purchase in stores, is because in store does not have any things that I want!!! for examples , the tarte brush, there are only 6 choices , compare online , there are tons of choices , but the store credits not able to used online or even purchase the gift cards that was absolutely ridiculous too .
WHY I CANT USED MY STORE CRITDE TO PURCHASE A GIFT CARDS SO THAT I CAN SHOP ONLINE?

I've been stuck with 2 store credit cards totaling ~$300 for close to 2 years. Last year, I went to the store to use them and lo-and-behold, they didn't have the product I wanted in stock so I ended up going home to order online and not being able to use my store credit. Today, I called to see if they could help me because I want to purchase several gift sets and have them delivered to different friends out-of-state for Christmas (and of course use the store credit cards that have been sitting around collecting dust) and what did the staff member tell me?! "Well you can purchase them in store and ship them yourself." Wow.

I just ran into this problem. I was on a call with two representatives and was told of this policy.

I told the representatives that I understand, this is completely not their fault. But I would like to speak to a manager about this since it makes it VERY inconvenient for me. 

THIS IS CRAZY that Sephora won't let people use their store credit cards online.

The point raised here is 100% valid. The money goes to Sephora regardless....so why make it so inconvenient for me to use it? Don't you want my $?

I work regular weekday hours and hate going to the mall on the weekends because of the crowd. I do 99% of all of my shopping online in the comfort of my own home. 

Please change this policy. It makes no sense. 

Totally agree!

I'm so upset!!!!

this is the most stupidest thing ever!!!cantused my store credit online!!!!

I totally agree! I am VIB and I am on a limited budget atm with health conditions and can't always drive 30 minutes or more to a Sephora to spend a $150 store credit. Not to mention all of the wonderful freebies you get online that you don't get in the store. I actually bought the card from someone thinking it was a gift card and it turned out to be a store credit and I cannot use it online. I would have never purchased it had I known this... To make matters worse, I have wanted the Tarte Coral Crush palette for MONTHS - have searched high and low - finally saw the sale the first day and it was already out of stock. Went back a day or two later and it let me purchase one. It took Sephora days to check stock and realize that they oversold the item and then cancel my order - I had the special VIB 3 samples coming to me, in addition to the 500 points I used for a rewards gift, and regular 3 free samples which included a UD item I have been wanting to try for months... They cancelled my order after days - mind you I have the flash shipping and they could have at least called me or made an effort to make it right on the samples as they are all gone now... I'm pretty frustrated at this point - and I have always praised Sephora, even over Ulta, but I'm not sure if I will be doing that any longer... Very upset with them atm... :-(

I hate the fact that I can't use my Sephora store credit online. where I live we don't have a Sephora store here. so now I cant buy anything and have a Sephora store credit with $100 I cant use. They need to change this ASAP.

I am so frustrated by this as well. It makes no sense that you can't use a store credit online. Fact of the matter is that it's a store credit and your money is tied up in the store regardless of if you shop online or in store. I understand companies have policies for their own internal reasons but when you have so many dissatisfied customers than that policy should be revisited. Not all Sephora stores are well stocked with the items you need and not all items are even offered in store. Better yet, not everyone lives close to a Sephora or wants to deal with the traffic to get to one in the area. Today, a manager treated me like a second class citizen when I mentioned that I had a store credit and was unaware of the policy that a store credit cannot be used online. When I was issued the store credit, there was no mention of the policies other than make sure you hold on to your receipts (I almost wanted to say well duh, this is a gift otherwise I would've had a receipt). I did not have a gift receipt and I've never had a return without some kind of receipt but I was returning a gift and hoping to use the store credit for something I actually needed. Having a store credit doesn't mean you are any less of a valued customer and doesn't mean you can be treated as some nuisance.

This conversation started on 11-29-2011 and the last comment prior to my submission was on 6-6-2014.  This unsatisfactory customer service practice has been BAU for 5 years!  There is no company that will continue to gross a profit for the longevity with this type of "we don't care" attitude towards the consumers who guarantee them job security!  There has been only two comments from Sephora's staff that stated the same politically correct answer of, "we will forward it to management." When is management going to address the issue?  

I am so irritated by this as well...I actually ASKED for my return to be store credit since I ran out of foundation and figured why not, it's going to Sephora anyway....They don't have my color in the BareMinerals Holiday Sized foundation in store, the lightest they start at is Fairly Light and I need Fair. So I come online to place my order and find out my store credit is only good in store. Now I have $60 to Sephora, no foundation, and no options. Ridiculous policy.

45 Replies
Conversation Stats