Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Can canadians use gift cards online?

If I am in Canada, Why can't I use my gift card online? The lady at my local sephora store said I could.

Re: Can canadians use gift cards online?

may 2016 and this is still a problem

may 2016 and this is still a problem 

Can i refund the card

It's 2016, WHY is this still an issue. I got a gift card for the soul purpose of not having to use a credit card online, so I could purchase the items my local sephora doesn't carry. I wouldn't mind but the girl at sephora told me I could use the gift card online. Not impressed, ill be going to shoppers from now on any chance I can.

Well this is super crazy frustrating

So I put everything I wanted in my basket, then I proceeded to the checkout...then realized there is NO option to use my gift cards. It's almost April 2016 and still no option to use it! I have CAD $280 to spend on gift cards! I wish I could buy stuff online because you get a few more free samples! Come on, Sephora!

My husband recently drove over two hours to purchase a gift card for me from the West Edmonton Mall location. I live in a rural location with 2 small children so I don't get out to do much shopping by myself in the city so he thought I could use the $200.00 to spend as I wish online. I do the majority of shopping online. He even looked at the back of the gift card after purchasing to ensure it could be used online and it did read "is redeemable for merchandise sold at Sephora stores, through Sephora.com or the Sephora catalogue". I was over the moon when I received the card as I dreamed over what I would order. I went to purchase an online order yesterday and I noted there was no place to enter gift card information. I called Sephora for help. I explained to the lady the card read it could be redeemed on Sephora.com and she replied quite hastily that I could not redeem the card on Sephora.ca. In addition, she added you can try order from Sephora.com but the order will probably get cancelled. So Sephora...how does this make any sense.... You are selling a gift card that can only be redeemed properly (in all formats) in the United States at your Canadian store locations without properly advising your Canadian customers the hidden conditions of the product they are purchasing. My husband was very angry about this...what a huge waste of his time. He could have just given me cash to use for Sephora and I could have ordered what I wanted. Now, even if I drive over two hours to get to a sephora store location I won't be able to purchase because the new Drybar straightener set I want is online available online only...you have to be kidding me?!? I also noticed on this link that a Sephora spokesperson addressed this issue back in 2014 and said they would look at this issue. Every other major online retailer I deal with accepts their issued gift cards as payment...so no I don't understand the issue. At least be mindful of your Canadian customers and let them know that the gift card they are purchasing have limitations for their redemption.

It is now 2016 and we STILL cannot use giftcards online.  I have $75 worth of gifcards just sitting in my wallet unused.  I don't understand why Sephora is so far behind.  Come on guys, get it together.

In this day and age, when online stores offer more options that in-stores, you need to fix this.

It does seem unfair that your online store is much more plentiful and we can't use our gift cards online.  It may be a systems issue, but you should fix it or change gift card retails/systems.

It's been 4 years since this question was originally posted and Sephora still does not accept gift cards as payment online from Canadians. I am going to have to start telling people to stop buying me Sephora gift cards for birthdays and holidays since I mainly like shopping online. I love you Sephora, but get it together please! 

this! this is beyond annoying and quite honestly it is making me want to stop shopping Sephora all together...they clearly do not value their Canadian customers (which has been made pretty clear time and time again) so why should I (and others) continue to spend our money there??

I went to Sephora (local store) to use my e gift card but they wouldnt let me because it was a US gift card and she told me I could use it online and i have multiple other cards i am trying to use online with that one, on an international purchase to Canada (where i live) and when i try to pay with the cards it says Gift cards and eGift certificates are not available for international purchase or redemption online at this time.

i am very frustrated bc i have been trying for months now!!!

2016 and this issue still exists.  Wow.

This is the most frustrating thing as a loyal sephora customer. This is something that should have been looked at a LONG time ago. I tried calling the hotline and asked if I could have the credit put on my account if I gave them the gift card numbers? They said thats not an option. 

GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER SEPHORA CANADA! 

I just spent over a half an hour choosing what I wanted to spend my gift card on that I got for christmas.

What a splendid waste of time. Thanks for the tease Sephora.

This is pretty ridiculous! My friend bought me a gift card in store and was told I could use it online. This is a VERY basic shopping feature - get on it!

COME ON SEPHORA! THIS HAS TO CHANGE!

I called this morning the hotline because I had not received my card and kept hearing about it online. The lady knew I was in Canada, asked me my address. She gave me a code and PIN number and told me it was a 25$ gift card for 50$ purchase. I go online, shop and find something that I now want due to having this free money. OOPS! Can't accept "international" customers' gift cards online. You just opened a shipping facility in Canada, so we are not "international" customers anymore. Seems like your rep should have told me that they were giving me a useless code since, I don't need the code and PIN to spend it in store, at least I hope not... why would I? Logic... so now I'm a VIB rouge who has spent way too much money at your store and you can't even manage to give me my 25$ gift card online? I can't get my online shopping rebates and the 10% off code? And what's up with taking away all the sales products for Canadians this year? Cheapies. You're Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy for crying out loud, why do you need to be so cheap??

Edit: I called again and placed my order with the code via phone. The only downside is that I couldn't get my Ebates rebate. Also it couldn't be used in conjunction with a coupon code, although if it was a coupon code I could use it online... It is a gift card to be entered in the gift card area... aaaanyway whatever. The person said I wasn't the only one who had called with this 'technical issue' but that it was supposed to work. But the website clearly says what I noted above so perhaps he is misinformed.

I have a gift card from my sister that she gave me for my birthday and I am not able to use it online. I am lucky that a Sephora opened in our city otherwise I would have to drive 1.5hrs to a Sephora to use it. I think it is ridiculous as not everyone has a Sephora near them or they want to use it online as the item(s) aren't available in the store they shop at.

77 Replies