cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Birthday gifts alle sold out

Hi!

My birthday is in december (december 15th) and each year, the birthday gifts are always sold out. What the hell am I supposed to do? Can I not get some kind of gift, when I'm left with nothing because it's the end of the year? I just don't know how fair this is for people like me. If it's not sold out, there's just one choice left. Very unfair and very upsetting. I wonder if Sephora will ever address this issue... Anyway, guess I'll have to go with the 250 points lol........................

Re: Birthday gifts alle sold out

Same!  It has happened to me for the last four years.  I have stopped shopping with Sephora and decided to go directly to brands website instead to make my purchases.  Sephora used to make us feel special.  Not anymore, so I don't give them my money either.  Sad because I used to love Sephora so much.

I’ve had this same issue for the past couple of years. I was told this year that I could get my birthday gift in mid-November for my early December birthday. (The gift I wanted was available in store when I asked in early November). Now all the stores I went to this past week and an half are completely out of birthday gifts and it’s not even December yet. I find it irritating to be told by customer service: we will alert the “team” about this issue. Why are late birthdays repeatedly slighted. Instead of saying “sorry” why not offer a gift card off a future purchase for the inconvenience? 250 points isn’t the same value as these gifts and I can’t find anything close to what I wanted as my birthday gift. #birthdaygift. #insider

This is a big problem. Sephora team I hope you are going to actually do something about it and not just "send it to your team". If all these ladies have the same issues next year that is going to be many lost customers....

They lost one today.  I don’t think they have had them in stock since 2016 or 2017,

The same happened to me. I actually called Customer service and was told that this year, their birthday gifts ran out in August so anyone whose birthday was after August was only offered the 250 points. The 250 points can get you one of the those small deluxe samples... Nowhere near what you would get with the actual birthday gifts.

This is completely unacceptable to loyal customers whose birthdays fall after August... I'm quite disappointed with the Customer Service level that Sephora has been offering (or the lack thereof because a rep simply hung up on me when I called to ask about this...)

The same thing happens to me every year! I’m going to reach out to corporate and see if they can help us woman! 

I have the sam exact issue. My birthday is also the first of December so I am not able to have the 2 weeks flexibility afterward to receive the gift in January. Kind of ridiculous that they restock new gifts in January but will not extend ours and continue to stiff us every single year. So unfair that every other birthday month has multiple options each year and we rarely ever get a single option left. Sephora has done absolutely nothing to resolve this issue. Either let us redeem the new launches in January or keep restocking the end of the year gifts anyway!! 

I am December 29th and they won’t honor the 2 weeks after for me.  Must be the birth month.

Same!  For the last several years.  My birthday is December 29th and they won’t even let me get it in early January.

@MaryKate77 I'm sorry to hear about this experience! I will send you a PM. 

YES!  My birthday is 12/23 and the same thing happens every single year.   I live in Chicago where there are many stores but they’re all sold out.  Huge bummer. 

I'm in same boat, nothing left but Amika set or points:( But honestly I think I like 250 points better than most of the gifts,that way I can pick what I want. It just really stinks that we can't use the 250 points right away with our current order. Wth not? If we can order gift and receive it with that order,then why can't points be used with that order. That way we could actually get gifts for our birthday and not later on 😞

I totally understand, my birthday is the 17th of December

Hi @Eaudruche,

I'm sorry about this and we appreciate you sharing feedback with us about the birthday gift options. If possible I also recommend checking with your local Sephora store to learn which gifts they have available. I'll share your feedback with our teams and thank you for reaching out to us.

Warm regards,

Laurie

The same thing happens to me every year! I’m going to reach out to corporate and see if they can help us woman! 

Hi @nobdaygift

I'll take a look at your account then send you a PM.

Regards,

Danee

This happens every year and nothing gets done about it at all. I went to 3 different locations and all are out of stock! Is there a way for people with December birthdays to claim their gift in January 2023? My birthday is the last week of December so it's nearly impossible to get a gift before the deadline. Thank you!

Hi @Amberlaze

I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM.

Regards,

Danee

Could you also DM me? This has happened multiple years in a row. My birthday is December 22nd and I go in early to try to get the gift. Now my only option is points because they are sold out of everything. Once I was told to go in in January and collect a gift then, but when I got the gif tin January to make up for the previous year's sell-out I was then unable to get a gift in December of that year for my actual birthday. Frustrated 😞

Hi @KathrynDecember

I will look into this then send you a PM.

Regards,

Danee

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing