Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Beauty Insider Card in Passbook for iPhone

You can now add your Beauty Insider card to Passbook on iPhone! We're excited to try the new features - how about you?

Passbook FAQ

Q: What is Passbook? What all can it do?

A: Passbook for iPhone and iPod touch is a feature of Apple iOS 6. Passbook has a variety of passes including gift cards, loyalty program cards, coupons, airline boarding passes, and event tickets. See http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/ for more info.

Add your Sephora Beauty Insider card to Passbook to earn and redeem points in store, instantly view your Beauty Insider point balance and receive notifications about qualifying rewards.

Add your Sephora gift cards to Passbook to easily store your gift card information on your mobile device. As you use your gift card, the balance will be updated to reflect your current balance.

Q: How can I add my Beauty Insider card to Passbook?

A: Update your iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS 6:

1.    On your iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Software Update to upgrade to iOS 6.

2.    From the Sephora To Go App for iPhonehttp://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com,

tap the top Passbook banner on the home screen or tap the bottom Passbook banner in any Sephora email.

3.    Sign in or sign up to be a Beauty Insider.

4.    Follow the steps to add your Beauty Insider card to Passbook.

Now you can easily access your Beauty Insider card and view your real-time Beauty Insider points in store, plus see upcoming perks and benefits on your iPhone.

Q: I don’t know if I am a Beauty Insider. How can I get an account?

A: Go to www.sephora.com/beautyinsider and follow the steps to sign up.

Q: I have added my Beauty Insider card to Passbook, and I have made a purchase, but I don't see the points updating. How do I get my points to update?

A: Click on the link or banner on the back of the Beauty Insider pass, then sign in.   Sign in to Sephora to Go App for iPhone or m.sephora.com to trigger your points balance to update.

Q: How can I add my Gift Card or eGift Card to Passbook? (eGift Certificates cannot be added to Passbook.)

A: First, Update your iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS 6:

1.    On your iPhone, Go to Settings > General > Software Update to upgrade to iOS 6.

2.    Follow the instructions to upgrade to iOS 6

Once you have iOS 6, you can add any physical Sephora Gift Card or eGift Card with a 16-digit gift card number and 8-digit PIN to Passbook. 

1.    Get Sephora to Go App for iPhone http://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com, and select “eGift Card” from the home screen. 

2.    Select “Add Now.”

3.    Enter the Card Number and PIN from your gift card. 

4.    Enter your valid email address. 

5.    Select “Add to Passbook” when your gift card is validated.

6.    Select “Add” in the upper right corner to set up your eGift Card in Passbook when the Passbook preview of your gift card is displayed.

7.    Exit the Sephora to Go app and open Passbook to view your Sephora Gift Card in Passbook

Q: I have added my Gift Card to Passbook, and I have made a purchase, but I don't see the balance updating. How do I get my points to update?

A: Flip the Gift Card pass and drag down on the card to refresh your gift card balance.

Q: Can I add a plastic Sephora gift card to Passbook?

A: Yes, you can add physical Sephora gift cards and any eGift Card with a 16-digit gift card number and an 8-digit PIN to Passbook. 

Q: Can multiple people save the same gift card to their Passbook?

A: Yes, the same gift card can be saved to Passbook on different phones. Note: Your gift cards have cash value and should be safeguarded as such.

Q: I want to purchase a Sephora Gift Card that can be added to Passbook. How can I do that?

A: You can purchase an eGift Card that can be used in store, online and via mobile from the Sephora to Go App for iPhone http://www.sephora.com/iPhone or m.sephora.com.

1.    Tap the eGift link from the home page of the Sephora to Go App for iPhone or m.sephora.com.

2.    Select the gift card design, amount, write a message (optional), then provide your gift recipient’s email address to email the eGift Card.

3.    When the recipient receives their gift, there will be an option to Add the eGift to Passbook.

4.    Tap “Add to Passbook” to easily view your current gift card balance and use in store, online and via mobile. Note: Sephora Gift Cards, eGift Cards and eGift Certificates have no expiration date, cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and are only available for merchandise purchases within the United States or Canada (in store only).

Learn more> http://theglossy.sephora.com/articles/44

Re: Beauty Insider Card in Passbook for iPhone

This post says that the egift can be 'redeem in store, online or via mobile', however the egift says that it is only available for use online and not in store.  Can someone please clarify?  I think the egift is a great idea, but I would rather be able to use it in store.  Smiley Happy

I've used an egift card in stores and it worked just fine! Just be aware of the exchange rates if you're in a country that's not the US.

I have an iPhone 4S upgraded to IOS6. 

All I had to do was download the Sephora app onto my phone, then navigated to the icon called MY ACCOUNT and grabbed the Pass.  

I was immediately able to see the staggering number of VIB points I have, click the info button and see what's on my shopping list and what I've purchased.

Hope this helps!

DivineM

Thanks for the info DivineM.  I have an iPhone 4 and encountered the same problem that previous posters have mentioned.  When I select the "Add Beauty Insider Card to Passbook" option it takes me to a page where I can purchase an e-gift card.  Unfortunately going to the "My Account" section of the site did not work for me, however I wonder those of us with a 4 and not 4s are the ones who are having this issue.

Hi,

I added my card to the mobile app. When I click on My Account, I don't see my card. I can see my points, but I still see a banner that asks me to add my VIB card. When I click this, it shows that the card is already added. How do you get to the card so you can use it at the register in stores?

Thanks!

@LC1108

You can purchase new  egifts that can be added to your passbook for use, however if you have existing or old egifts/giftcards, those can NOT be  added. Sorry for the confusion!  I hope that clarifies it a bit  better Smiley Happy

@lingerzTheresap72 & Dreby14, I will send you all messages to help troubleshoot Smiley Wink

xo, Mia

Hiya!  I have an iPhone 4 upgraded to iOS6, but when I click on the "Add your Beauty Insider Card to Passbook" banner, I get sent to the "all your friends can be gifted. send an egift today" link.  I want to try out this card -- how do I get it to work?!

Whenever I click on the "Add to Passbook", it only takes me to buy a gift card. How do I actually get to the passbook part?

I have both Passbook and the Sephora app. When I go into my account on the app and click on beauty insider it doesn't hthat anything that lets me add my card to Passbook. Help?

Hi smahama,  I'll send you a message to help troubleshoot Smiley Happy

It doesn't work for me either Smiley Sad

Hi Loislane17, I just sent you a private message to help Smiley Happy

I'm also having trouble--have Passbook, can't scan my Beauty Insider card. Only option I get is to buy a gift card. Thanks!

I would make sure that your Sephora app is updated - I was having the same issue and I updated the 97 apps that needed it and the new Sephora let me add my BI card.

I'm curious as to why this is only available for iPhones. Just as many woman have Androids and love them. Is this an "Apple only" program, or does IT have plans to present this to VIB'S that are Android users?

Yeah, Passbook is an Apple program.

I followed the steps and it takes me to a screen that says "Sign in to download your Beauty Insider Card on Passbook" but it won't actually allow me to sign in...every time I input my information, it takes me back to the "Sign In" screen.  I've tried it from both the Sephora app and also the mobile site, and they both do this.

I'm having the same issue with it going back to the same sign in screen after I have already signed in. HELP! I have an iPhone

I'm having the same sign-in issue. I'm signed in, can see my account info, and shop, but when I click on "Add to passbook. . ." I get sent back to the sign in. And that gives me issues as well, coming up with an error every time: "We have encountered one or more errors during the sign-in process. . ."

Michelledbetymologiesdsboscatsuperhero - I will send you messages to help consolidate your accounts.

@MiswJennSudaria, flatula  - it sounds like your account log on might be incorrect.  Please contact us at 1-877-SEPHORA and a Beauty advisor can assist you in resetting your password and troubleshooting your log on.

@mimio - the error you are receiving sounds like you might need to uninstall & re-install the app.  There was an initial glitch, but should now be fixed.  If you are still not able to access the app, please give us a call, as well.  

Sorry for the delay in response everyone!

xo, Mia

Un-installing and re-installing didn't work, so I will find time to call at some point!

I'm having the same issue--and I'm running a newly-installed Sephora app on an iPhone 5.  So I don't think that the issue is on my end.

I did, though, just sign up for a new Beauty Insider card (my old account was tied to an email I don't even remember), so maybe that is it?

What's the secret to getting the scan feature to work?  Smiley Sad

Hi,

I need help as well in consolidating my physical Beauty Insider card and the online account. Thanks!

128 Replies