Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Banned from returns for 365 days without warning

Back in August I tried to exchange a concealer in a glass bottle that came broken and was told that my exchange was declined and to call the number on the receipt. The SA was as confused as me and had no information regarding the situation to help clarify for me. I called and received no information from TRE other than this was "Sephora's decision." I called Sephora corporate customer service and they assured me that I was not banned from returns and they didn't know what I was talking about. I trusted this. 

Then, last week during the 20% Rouge sale I purchased a La Mer foundation to take advantage of the discount (it is not carried in store and so a sample is impossible). I guessed at what my shade is and I was wrong. I tried to exchange for another shade and was denied. I then repeated the process of calling TRE, where I was told I was warned on July 27th (I have no knowledge of ever being warned), and then calling Sephora customer service where I was again assured that there is no ban on my account and I should be able to make returns/exchanges. They had no clue what I was talking about and I am stuck with a very expensive foundation that does not match. 

After calling 4 times to get my RAR (TRE got my name and email wrong and I never received my RAR the first few times) I inspected the transactions. Each one was listed that I had my receipt. If the only reason that my information was shared with TRE was in the case of not having a receipt and I always had one, then why did they get my personal information? Also, if I always had a receipt then why am I banned? I cannot get this information from anyone anywhere. It is extremely infuriating that they have my personal information in the first place. Moreover, there is no detail regarding what the items were that were returned/exchanged. I have read that people have had issues with information on their RAR being wrong and containing transactions they did not make, so without detail how will I know if these are even my transactions? 

Any information would be great to have before I sit down and inevitably waste my time writing a dispute letter to send by snail mail. 

Did I mention I'm a VIB Rouge? It's sad because if this does not get resolved I will be taking my business elsewhere. Nordstrom and Ulta are looking very inviting right now. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Banned from returns for 365 days without warning

Dont bother calling TRE- they are shady AF.

AnD don’t listen to LaurieB, the Sephora rep on here- she is in on it. Don’t trust her. She gives the same canned response to everyone complaining about the sameeee issue. It’s comical at this point. She knows what she’s doing and it’s shady AF. 

There is currently a class action lawsuit against them for violating our privacy rights and for being shady AF.

Google it and add your name to the list so that you get paid when Sephora and TRE settle - which they will because violating privacy laws is not cool. Just look at Equifax - they are paying people hundreds/thousands back through the class action lawsuit.

Also don’t call TRE because they will data mine your phone call, log all your info, etc and still say there’s nothing they can do. Then they’ll say to call Sephora and as you can see by this lameeee canned response by some random Sephora not hack employee, Sephora says to call TRE.

so they are just giving you the run around.

sephora- superrrr shady you’re tracking and violating privacy of customers- forget about the returns, what are you DOING with our personal data and beauty insider account info??’ Who are u selling it to? We are disgusted by your actions.

see you in court.

RE: Re: Banned from returns for 365 days without warning

I’m so sorry to hear this! This recently happened to me as well (August 2018 and January 2019). I was able to dispute both denial decisions and I’m waiting to hear back. I simply wrote a letter to the retail equation requesting for a second chance to display good return behavior and that my purchases at the time were mainly gifts. By the way, you’re not banned from making returns/exchanges for online purchases. This was expressed to me by the retail equation. Hope this helps!

I am in a similar situation and very upset at my treatment.  I’ve been a Rouge member for years and Sephora is thanking me by banning me from returns or exchanges?  TRE is unable to state specifics regarding the actual policy, I have asked for monetary amounts, % of purchase, with/without receipt information and all I’m being told is that there is no specific number, it’s a history.  Legally, I do not see how this is an acceptable business practice when the return policy clearly states that returns are accepted within 60 days with receipt.  I have heard of many people flocking to Ulta to shop, and now I see why.  I will be taking my $1000+ yearly beauty spending habits elsewhere as my “your welcome” to Sephora’s “thank you for being a longtime Rouge member”.  

It's very disappointing and don't even bother with the admin, they don't have any information. It's okay though, it's preventing me from giving Sephora more money, I just went over to Nordstrom and purchased there. 

It happened to me as well. No warning at all.

I was trying to return/exchange a brand new, unused lipstick and got declined. Because of the 20% discount, I purchased the lipstick first because the stocks always gone.  After went back home, I did some research online, I found the colour suits me better, so went back to Sephora for a return/exchange.

I feel sad and shame in front of the cashier when they told me they cannot exchange/return it. The manager there is very clam, did not care and asked me to call customer service or TRE. I was told  that I must have returning too much and there is a limit of return. I have my original receipt, item is brand new, unused, I return/exchange it within 60 days of purchase. Called TRE and Sephora customer care, both unable to help. 

I believe all the brand new, unused items also counted in the return.

I stopped buying from Sephora now and purchased in the brand website instead. I just spent over $400 in the Ysl, Armani Beauty and Shu Uemura. I guess Sephora does not want to do business with us. 

I rather Sephora change their returning policy instead of hiring TRE to record our returning history. I was not feeling comfortable that my information is handling by a 3rd party company in USA. 

It's very upsetting and unbelievable that our information is shared. Don't bother communicating with the mod/admin, they have no information and are no help. Both TRE and Sephora will not help you. We will see what happens with my dispute but even if it gets sorted I plan to do my shopping at Nordstrom or Ulta from now on. 

The same thing happened to me in store today and looking for any kind of help 😞

Don't bother communicating with the admin. They don't have any information. I'm waiting to hear about my dispute but even if things get sorted out I think I will continue to purchase elsewhere anyway. It's very frustrating. 

Hi @Donutaddict,

I'm sorry to hear this! If there is an issue with a return in-store, you should receive a printout with more information. I recommend referring to the printout you received and feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions. Thank you! 

Best regards,

Laurie

Hi @mleschke, I'm sorry to hear about your experience, and will send you a PM shortly!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing