What is The Beauty Insider Community and how does it work?
The Beauty Insider Community is an online community where the beauty obsessed and beauty newbies alike can gather virtually to ask questions, join challenges, share their looks, swap tips, try out new products, and connect virtually with other Sephora shoppers.
While anyone can search and read the Beauty Insider Community for information, only registered Community members can start a Conversation, post photos, or leave Replies. Additionally, members can bookmark favorite discussions and even receive notifications whenever new posts are made.
There are five main components of the Beauty Insider Community:
- Community Home: This is a forum where you can ask questions, get advice, and talk about all things beauty (and beyond!) with real, unbiased Sephora shoppers like you. It’s the best place to get the latest beauty news about your favorite brands and the honest product recommendations you need – and share your own tips with others. Brand new? Check out this thread from the Sephora Community team for 3 easy tips for getting started in Community.
- Groups: Dig in on your beauty passions to find topics and people who share your interests. “Joining” a Group on Community enables you to filter the many conversations happening in the Community forum by the specific topics that you are interested in. You do not need to be a member of a group to view the content or start a conversation in that specific group, but you must be a member to get notified when a new conversation is started in that group. Whether you’re someone with Oily Skin, a Lip Lover, a Clean Beauty maven, a Savvy Shopper, or all of the above, there’s a group waiting for you to join the conversation. Those aren’t for you? Keep looking! Maybe Deeper Shades, Skincare Aware, or Makeup is Life is exactly what you’ve been searching for. We have over 30 of them to choose from!
- Gallery: This is where you can post your beauty photos and get inspiration from others’ photos as well. When you upload a photo to the Gallery, you can tag the Sephora products you used to show off your skincare routine, hairstyling tips, or start-to-finish makeup look. Photos that are tagged with the products you used will also appear on those product pages under “Explore this Product,” so that other shoppers like you can discover your look while they’re browsing.
- Ratings and Reviews: We want to know what you think! Share your thoughts on your Sephora haul, beauty favorites, and the latest finds and trends you’ve tried by rating and reviewing your purchases. While anyone can browse published ratings and reviews on product pages, you need a Community nickname in order to submit your own ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Ratings and Reviews page.
- Questions and Answers: Got a question about a product you’ve been eyeing? Ask it on the product page, and you shall receive answers from Sephora shoppers like you! If you have the answer to another shopper’s question, be sure to share your knowledge in a response. Anyone can browse published questions and answers. For more information, visit our .
What information can I find on my profile?
Your profile is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of five tabs:
- The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you and other Community members can see your activity within Community, such as threads you’ve replied to and Groups you’ve joined.
The other four tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:
- The Beauty Insider tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider information, including your points balance, status, and rewards redeemed.
- The Credit Card tab shows a summary of your Sephora Credit Card activity, or, if you’re not currently a cardholder, a summary of Sephora Credit Card benefits and a link to apply.
- The Lists tab provides easy access to the products you’ve added to your Loves List, your past purchases, and a record of product recommendations from any past in-store services you’ve received.
- The Account tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information, including contact information, shipping and payment information, email preferences, etc.
How do I personalize my Beauty Insider Community profile?
- To personalize your Community profile, hover over "Community" in the top of the Sephora navigation bar (next to the avatar) and click “Your Community profile.”
- Once you are on your profile, click the “Edit” button in the top right corner. From here you can:
- Upload an avatar
- Upload a cover photo
- Introduce yourself in “About Me”
- Fill out your Beauty Match details (only your hair color, eye color, skin tone and skin type will display on your public Community profile)
- Upload links to your YouTube and Instagram account
How do I post content in the Beauty Insider Community?
There are number of ways you can post content in the Community:
- From your profile. Scroll down to the “My Posts” section and click “Start a Conversation,” or scroll further to “My Photos” and click “Add a Photo” to share a photo of your look (or a shelfie!) to the Gallery.
- From the Community Home. On the right side of the Community navigation bar, click "Start a Conversation" to begin a new thread, or "Add a Photo" to post to the Gallery.
- From the Gallery. Click “Add a Photo” to post a look in the Gallery.
How do I check my notifications and private messages?
To check your notifications, click on the bell icon on the right side of the top Community navigation bar. To view your private messages inbox, click on the envelope icon to the right of the bell icon.
How do I update my Beauty Insider Community notification settings?
To update your notifications, click on the notifications bell in the top Community navigation bar. From there, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the notifications window. This will take you to a page where you can update your Community notification settings.
How do I contact Customer Service?
To contact Customer Service within the Beauty Insider Community, visit the “Community” tab and click on “Support” below the Featured Photos widget. From there you will be able to ask a Customer Service question.