Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs (Updated 9/8/2023)

What is The Beauty Insider Community and how does it work?

The Beauty Insider Community is an online community where the beauty obsessed and beauty newbies alike can gather virtually to ask questions, join challenges, share their looks, swap tips, try out new products, and connect virtually with other Sephora shoppers.

While anyone can search and read the Beauty Insider Community for information, only registered Community members can start a Conversation, post photos or videos, or leave Replies. Additionally, members can bookmark favorite discussions and even receive notifications whenever new posts are made.

There are five main components of the Beauty Insider Community:

• Community Home: This is a forum where you can ask questions, get advice, and talk about all things beauty (and beyond!) with real, unbiased Sephora shoppers like you. It’s the best place to get the latest beauty news about your favorite brands and the honest product recommendations you need – and share your own tips with others. Brand new? Check out this thread from the Sephora Community team for 3 easy tips for getting started in Community.
  • Groups: Dig in on your beauty passions to find topics and people who share your interests. “Joining” a Group on Community enables you to filter the many conversations happening in the Community forum by the specific topics that you are interested in. You do not need to be a member of a group to view the content or start a conversation in that specific group, but you must be a member to get notified when a new conversation is started in that group. Whether you’re someone with Oily Skin, a Lip Lover, a Clean Beauty maven, a Savvy Shopper, or all of the above, there’s a group waiting for you to join the conversation. Those aren’t for you? Keep looking! Maybe Deeper Shades, Skincare Aware, or Makeup is Life is exactly what you’ve been searching for. We have over 30 of them to choose from!
  • Gallery: This is where you can post your beauty photos and videos and get inspiration from others as well. When you upload to Gallery, you can tag the Sephora products you used to show off your skincare routine, hairstyling tips, or start-to-finish makeup look. The opportunities are endless! Photos and videos that are tagged with the products you used will also appear on those product pages under “See it in Real Life,” and other pages throughout Sephora.com, so that other shoppers like you can discover your beauty posts while they’re browsing. Your fellow Sephora shoppers want to see what products look like on real people like you, so we encourage posting unfiltered photos/videos to let you and your favorite products shine!
  • Ratings and Reviews: We want to know what you think! Share your thoughts on your Sephora haul, beauty favorites, and the latest finds and trends you’ve tried by rating and reviewing your purchases. While anyone can browse published ratings and reviews on product pages, you need a Community nickname in order to submit your own ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Ratings and Reviews page.
  • Questions and Answers: Got a question about a product you’ve been eyeing? Ask it on the product page, and you shall receive answers from Sephora shoppers like you! If you have the answer to another shopper’s question, be sure to share your knowledge in a response. Anyone can browse published questions and answers. For more information, visit our Questions and Answers page.

What information can I find on my Community profile?

Your profile is your Community home base. It is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you and other Community members can see your activity within Community, such as threads you’ve replied to and Groups you’ve joined.

How do I personalize my Beauty Insider Community profile?

• To personalize your Community profile, hover over "Community" in the top of the Sephora navigation bar (next to the avatar) and click “Your Community profile.”
  • Once you are on your profile, click the “Edit” button in the top right corner. From here you can:
    • Upload an avatar
    • Upload a cover photo
    • Introduce yourself in “Biography”
    • Fill out your Beauty Preferences 
    • Add links to your YouTube and Instagram account

How do I post content in the Beauty Insider Community?

There are number of ways you can post content in Community:

• From your profile. Scroll down to the “My Posts” section and click “Start a Conversation,” or scroll further to “My Photos” and Videos and click “Upload to Gallery” to post a beauty photo or video to Gallery.
  • From Community Home. On the right side of the Community navigation bar, click "Start a Conversation" to begin a new thread, or "Upload to Gallery" to post to Gallery.
  • From Gallery. Click “Upload to Gallery” to post a beauty photo or video in Gallery.

How do I check my notifications and private messages?

To check your notifications, click on the bell icon on the right side of the top Community navigation bar. To view your private messages inbox, click on the envelope icon to the right of the bell icon.

How do I update my Beauty Insider Community notification settings?

To update your notifications, click on the notifications bell in the top Community navigation bar. From there, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the notifications window. This will take you to a page where you can update your Community notification settings.

How do I contact Customer Service?

To contact Customer Service within the Beauty Insider Community, visit the “Community” tab and click on “Support” below the Trending in Gallery widget. From there you will be able to ask a Customer Service question.

What does “incentivized” mean? 

While browsing on Sephora.com, you may see a review, photo, or video with an “Incentivized” badge. This means that the content creator received something in exchange for this post (free product, payment, sweepstakes entry, etc.). 

Re: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

Interesting, excited to try this out!  Glad I found this post, was a little confused when I went into the beauty gallery and noticed some of the changes.

same here, my head was spinning for a minute 🙂

RE: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

Thanks! This helped me out a lot!!

Thanks for the post! It was really helpful 🙂 I have one question though if you guys don't mind. What does the rookie icon mean on my profile? Thanks!

RE: Re: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

It's the starting level in this new community. If you are familiar with the old ranking system we're all Newcomers.

What are the recommended pixel dimensions for the profile background and avatar? I'm having difficulty making my pics fit. Thank you! 

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 178 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing