Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Any Canadians out there?

If so how do you feel about this duty we are being charged? Anyone still buying? Do we have any options?

Re: Any Canadians out there?

While in theory that is correct, Sephora clearly doesn't understand the shipping and duty laws (or grade school math). I made an $8 order last week, and was charged $1.44 in tax, and $0.93 in duty. Not really sure why Sephora seems unable to do simple math, but It's incredibly annoying that they charged me 18% in tax instead of 13%, and they charged 11.6% duty when that should have been a duty-free order.

The info I posted above came right from a message from Sephora's CS.  I'd contact them about that order if I see in your shoes. 

I was always under the impression that the price difference between Canadian stores and American stores was to cover exchange rate and duty prices.  So if there is a problem with the shipping across the border, I am sure they have a Sephora warehouse in Canada why not ship out Canadian stores from their Canadian distributing centres?   

Instead of aggravating all the Canadian customers, especially the ones that spend a lot of money in their stores.  

I think they really need to step up their game. Before Sephora was the only option, but now with SDM, the bay and many Sears carrying high end make-up, they actually will have to start competing with their competitors, rather than the "we can charge them what-ever we want because they don't have any other options" mentality.

I will appreciate if anyone can explain me about duty charges. I shop exclusively online and due to blind trust rarely check the exact amount charged all I noticed that now the invoice attached on my parcels include only the product names and not the individual or collective charges.

Conversation Stats