Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Any Canadians out there?

If so how do you feel about this duty we are being charged? Anyone still buying? Do we have any options?

Re: Any Canadians out there?

20x the points events are something that Shoppers Drug Mart and Murale have.  They are both Canadian only companies.

It's for a Canadian store, called Shoppers Drug Mart, which is only for Canadians. Murale is by Shoppers Drug Mart so the point system qualifies there too.

The 20X event was just for that day,  if you check on Murale they will show when they have 20X events. 

a lot of their samples are deluxe, it's great! I love the It's Potent eye cream from benefit. I had to use 100pt perk to get it from sephora though.

I also have not ordered online since the duty was implemented. The thing is, until last November (when I started regularly going on BT) I had never end ordered online. Then I saw all these promos and samples we get from ordering online and I decided never to shop in store after that. It's not like I don't have any Sephoras near me. i have one about 10 minutes away from my home but some of the cast members there haved ruined my shopping experience there.

Since the extra duty I have made one purchase in store (old meteorites!!!) and that wasn't even my local Sephora. This other Sephora is a thousand more times friendlier and generous than my Sephora. I'm planning on shopping there for Chic week, but like the rest of you I'm also exploring other options.

I can't remember exactly when the duty charge was implemented but I've only made 2 small orders this year and I wasn't charged duty on either. Part of the reason I haven't placed any orders is because I'm a little annoyed that I spent $1000 to hit Rouge and the major perk of that for me was free shipping but now there's a new charge - duty. I foresee Shoppers and Murale getting the $1000 I would have normally spent at Sephora this year.

Highlighted

This is my concern. I'm about $200 away from Rouge, but since the duty charges, it almost doesn't seem worth it... when Shoppers/Murale carry 90% of the brands I buy anyways.

Sidenote: found out the SDM near my work carries UB, Stila, Dior and Guerlain! I'm beyond excited!

I just bought something tonight and I'm pissed!  Not only was I told the over charging in taxes was fixed which it isn't but I got charged more on duty. When you are checking out it gives you an amount duty.... well the actual amount I paid was like double than what it showed at checked. WTF?  I'll stop my post here since what I have to say would get deleted.

Have you contacted Sephora? Did they offer a solution?

I've put together a few different shopping carts over the last few days, trying to decide the few things I wanted to use the 15% code on and every time I clicked check out, the calculated tax was wrong. Ugh. 

No I decided not to call them.  I'd get this load of BS I usually get and well the CS isn't so good. Once I get it, it's going back and I want a full refund! I don't like being played.  It might only be a few dollars but it's the principle and this pisses me off!

Conversation Stats