Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

Am I the only one?

The VIB Rouge perks aren't worth it. By that I mean I wont feel the pressure to make it next year. If I get it, I get it. I don't feel special AT ALL as Rouge.

Re: Am I the only one?

There are lots of threads about this - you can find them in the Rouge section as well as by searching Smiley Happy 

^ I don't mean to be rude, but as there is a lot of negativity going around about Rouge - let's keep the repeat threads to a minimum. 

people striving for nothing aka rouge have been warned over and over and over ad nauseum about this, but none seem to have heeded the message - i did my part to alert newbies and VIB's - very little research on your part would have told you all of this - if you did not see it i truly feel badly for you that you were dupped - i have seen plenty on here warned and they go ahead and jump thru hoops, spend money they don't have to become rouge anyway - bad as it sounds, i do not feel sorry them - i will probably make VIB next year, do not care if i don't - i certainly will not renew rouge unless the program does a 180 - my money goes 3x as far Nordstrom and no CS drama - the prosecution rests your Honor.

Oh I didn't hit Rouge status on purpose, it just happened for me. But this is my first post on these boards so we all learn something new.

As I have said before, being a Rouge was never my intention. I simply was going through a makeup revamp at the time. Wasn't really aware I spent the needed amount to get the title. Once I was Rouge I felt like as if I should feel snooty about it which I don't do. I simply feel I am a loyal customer, but to spend money to get a title isn't for me. I wish others luck in getting Rouge and re-qualifying in the future. Financially it's not for me and I don't think I will ever spend that much again. However I do agree there is quite a lot of threads on this and it's great that people either do or don't want to be a Rouge. 

Spoiledbrat please bear in mind that most Sephora customers do not read the Beauty Talk forums, I was nearly there by the time I discovered the forums. I was dazzled by the pretty ads everytime I looked at my BI/VIB page, and others who have had good experiences posting they receive extra samples and bags, etc. just for being Rouge. Then you have the "just shut up and take it crowd" lol, of people who don't like others to criticize the program. I've stated before I'm pretty neutral, though if I had to pick a side it would probably be disappointed, especially after recently hearing that Rouges are getting the same $20 off of $50 (allegedly) that we received as VIB's last year. Smiley Indifferent

It's plain VIB or nothing for me next year methinks.

Agreed. Its true. I got mine in the mail today its $20.

When does it expire?

hypnoticpoise - point taken and what i love is that you put me in my place, i like spunky women Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Although Rouge has been available for some months now, it is still fairly new and we still have an entire YEAR to go. I feel as though the perks will come through next year. Maybe I am just being hopeful, but it makes sense to me.

That's what I'm crossing my fingers for!

I guess that's true. You have a good point. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

They should have gotten their act together before this program was rolled out.  Rouge is for customers that spend more than a GRAND in a year with them.  This isn't peanuts.   

Sorry, but when you hype up a program like this and don't deliver, it is disappointing.  Not to mention -how hard would it be to toss in a few more samples in our orders?  Not that difficult at all.

That's exactly my attitude towards Rouge. I absolutely believe that things will pick up during the next year. There's lots of rumors floating around that 2014 will be a big year for Rouge. 

I'm crossing my fingers! Smiley Happy

I definitely tried to reach Rouge once I heard about it (I traditionally do a hefty amount of my beauty shopping at Nordstrom and Nieman Marcus), but have decided to go back to my old ways.  Anyway, Nordstrom Notes are SO worth it.

What are Nordstrom notes??

if you spend a certain amount of money, you get $20 nordstrom notes to use in store or online

if you sign up for their debit or credit card, you can earn a $20 nordstrom notes (basically like a $20 gift card). When you sign up you get when with a $100 purchase, and then from there it is 2000 points for a note. 2points for every $1 and many double/triple points days. If you plan it out right, you can get a lot of points! Smiley Happy

I didn't try to reach Rogue, I was there when it started.  I agree about not feeling special.  In fact, this was my point in coming here today (I seldom post).  Hoping people at Sephora actually monitor what their best customers have to say.  I was not treated any better in the store than any other time (I have written previously about the age bias I perceive in the store).  The concierge line had the promise of being special but is actually not as good as the VIB line used to be.  All the reps I have spoken to only have the website to draw from and many are even less informed about aging skin than the store employees.  When I call about what color eyeshadows might look good together, no one has ideas beyond those found on the website.  I expected better trained help and hoped they would love beauty products.  Mostly they seem bored.  We got the one really great promotion in the beginning (the kit of deluxe samples) but nothing of import since then.  I don't think it's too much to expect a Rogue (only) promotion code at least once a month.  And Sephora, you really need to step up on the quality of gifts.  I have always been a loyal Sephora customer but I used to receive much better service at Nordstrom.  If things don't pick up in the new year, I will take my business elsewhere. 

. . .

What VIB ROUGE PERKS? . . .

hahahahahahahahaha

( sad face)

: /

Awe... the joke's on all of us Smiley Sad hahaha

i would like to imagine all the people running sephora silently taking in all these sad/angry quotes, tapping their fingertips together diabolically so that on christmas they could shower us with gifts yelling "HA! and you said we sucked! Take some of this- *throws a benefit mascara sample* and this- *lit cosmetics glitter* AND THIS -*stackable Rouge promotion codes and exclusive rouge point perks*" and we'd be like "YAY SEPHORA YOU *DO* CARE ABOUT ROUGE!!!!!"

i was was lusting please don't judge me

Sarah, I really adore your hope and wonderful positive attitude! I hope so too!!! Smiley Happy

haha thank you! Smiley Happy

ooh that would be awesome! hopefully at least next year they have some stuff for rouge members! 

i never hit rouge on purpose, i just bought a ton of stuff that I wanted and it just happened, so I'm not too bummed. but it'd still be nice if they threw in some bonuses.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats