Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Account Hacking

Can someone tell me why Sephora doesn't ask for customer ID when making changes on your account in store? Because if they had... someone wouldn't have gained access to my credit card info and stole my VIB welcome kit I was $30 away from earning myself....... the person who gained access to my account gained that access in store in Toronto, Canada. I live in Vancouver, Canada.... that's four provinces to the west.... so how did the employee not think.... hmmm maybe this isn't the actual owner of the account.... especially when they effing change the email to a name when you can clearly tell doesn't match the name on the account.... it's appalling anyone can go in with a phone number and steal people's hard earned points and then possibly steal credit information..... luckily I changed my VISA with my bank so even if they had copied down the number..... but seriously step it up Sephora before you end up sued by someone.

Re: Account Hacking

And they strike again... today..... almost a week after I called and got my account back.... wtf Sephora. 

Re: Account Hacking

My account was stolen yesterday - $390 over 2 orders. I cancelled my credit card, thankfully, before the charges posted, but when I tried to call Sephora - hold time, 90 minutes! Really!! So then was able to chat today to recover my account today via chat, because the person changed the email address and I had no way to access anything. This is a HUGE flaw in Sephora's website. I see you and I are not the only ones who have had issues - why doesn't this get fixed with two-factor authentication - something! The kicker is that even though my credit card declined the charge for one of the orders and I chatted with Sephora today about the order, Sephora shipped it anyway this afternoon. Unbelievable. The moral of this story is never save any personal information or credit card information on the Sephora website. It's bound to be stolen at some point.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Account Hacking

😱😱😱

Re: RE: Account Hacking

"Sephora may, in its sole discretion, alter, limit, or modify the Program rules, regulations, benefits, eligibility for Membership, or any other feature of the Program (including assigning any of its obligations to customers under the Program at any time to another person or entity, without recourse)"

DIRECT QUOTE FROM THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS GUYS...... they don't care if your personal information is handled out to strangers by their employees..... in fact they will GLADLY give them your account too!! 

YEAH, I'm done with this BS program. No points are worth potentially having them stolen or worse.... have my credit card and other private personal information openly handed to strangers. 

Re: RE: Account Hacking

Hi @InASenseLost. Many of our Beauty Insiders have the same name and email address. I always encourage our clients to add their most recent phone number to their account as well. This may have been an innocent mix up. I apologize for the inconvenience and I am happy to assist you regarding your account. I will send you a private message.

XO,

Jamila 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing