cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

the case of the disappearing curls

For the last five years or so I have had curly hair, but I chopped it off recently, and now the curl is gone. Twisting the strands and using my normal products that I used with long hair but in smaller amounts did virtually nothing, while when I had long hair I was able to get bouncy curls effortlessly without having to do much at all. I have found that putting my hair in a ponytail take away the curl, so I have avoided that, but even still my hair still won’t curl. Please help! 

Re: the case of the disappearing curls

@Anonymous  I had very curly hair when I was young and thought I had lost that curl over the years, particularly while I had a chin-length bob. However, since growing my hair back out (past my shoulders), my curl is back 100%. I think some types of curly hair just turn wavy at shorter lengths. 

I know how you feel @Anonymous. I used to have curly hair but now have wavy hair. As it grows, I will be curious if you get your curl back.

My change is likely hormones, age, life but when it was curly it curled better when it was at least mid-length. Even currently I know that I tend to have better curl form when my hair isn't short. How much did you cut?

Anonymous Insider

My hair was cut to a bob lemgth

My curl (past hair life) would be much better once it was past shoulder length. Something about being short made pieces more wavy than curly. I hope your curls come back @Anonymous!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing