Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

sad curls ISO advice

Hi! I'm uh 39.5 years old, and a curly-cue for sure. A miscarriage-caused-by-or-that-led-to a vitamin deficiency has caused hair loss and lesions on my scalp. Super gross! I'm exploring the Keranique products to try to stimulate micro-circulation (grow curls grow). Any other suggestions? I sadly don't have the gumption to go full cold rinse on my hairs in the shower, but I do try to do cool rinses before I get out. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do about this hair falling out, this limpness (it's like curl-impotence and gives me a sad), and the weakness (it just...breaks. WTH follicles). Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks internet fam! (I'm gonna tag the product I've been trying)

KERANIQUE - Scalp Stimulating Shampoo Deep Hydration for Dry Hair

#keranique

sad curls ISO advice

So sorry about your miscarriage😢

Re: sad curls ISO advice

@GG84 - would you suggest Olaplex for @marsged's hair breakage? You were so knowledgeable about those products! Thanks.

Olaplex! I have heard excellent things. Thank you-- that is a good place to begin the hunt for something to revitalize these poor tresses.

@marsged - are you still losing hair or has it stopped? If it is the former, are you seeing a doctor? Once the vitamin deficiency has been corrected, it does take time for your hair to go to "normal." I was losing hair from a thyroid problem and it was frustrating and a process but eventually my hair stopped falling out in clumps. I am so sorry about your miscarriage and hair difficulties. My best advice is to talk to a medical professional.

Yeah, I'm on the mend re: the vitamins, and my nails are starting to recover. The hair is definitely taking longer. No need to be sorry because life acts unpredictably-- but thank you. I appreciate the sentiment. My hair is taking its time, and I'm not used to that -- aging meets circumstance. I guess I just figured that many people my age (who shop at sephora) experience similar mid-life issues, and so I thought I'd see what products have helped others. To clarify, I have seen a doctor, and am repairing my concerns, but the hair is slow to respond. If anyone else has had similar issues with hormonal imbalances and/or recovering from vitamin deficiency, and found a useful hair product, I'd be grateful to hear about those products.

Great news you are on the mend! I'm sure you will get other suggestions. There are lots of people with different experiences on here so hopefully you'll get helpful tips.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing