Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

preserving curls

hi, i have 2c-3a curls but they end up looking like this (picture) after a days of sleep and i was wondering if there was a way to preserve my curls over night other than refresh/showering

Re: preserving curls

Try the Medusa clipping method.  You'll for sure look crazy but it has been a game changer for second and third day hair.  Checkout the video: https://youtu.be/Z79tECx920Q.  Sorry I couldn't get the linking feature to work.  

@1georgia12wrote:
hi, i have 2c-3a curls but they end up looking like this (picture) after a days of sleep and i was wondering if there was a way to preserve my curls over night other than refresh/showering

RE: preserving curls

I have basically 2c-3a hair too and have a really hard time with this aswell. If i wash my hair at night, i end with a gel and don’t scrunch outthe cast aka just sleep in the cast and break it in the morning. My hair is also too short for a pineapple even though that used to work wonders for me when i had more length. I find putting the top layers up in aloose pineapple still helps even if I can’t save the bottom layers. Also if you don’t want to do that at all and investing in satin pillowcasesis a last resort, I would try a satin bonnet first. You can find them at target and Walmart for less than $4, and they make refreshing in themorning MUCH easier. Frankly sometimes I just embrace the weird smooshed curls, fluff with a little water and wear the frizz like it was on purpose, but I do find my life is easier with the satin bonnet. Also when refreshing (Sorry for us there’s no way around refreshing at least a little bc looser curl patterns are going to unravel after a sleep or two), I sometimes use devacurl’s beautiful mess pomade thing to reset curls that have gone off the rails or I have a few 2b pieces that just kinda hang too loose among the curls and that product helps me tighten the shape so my curls look more uniform. It comes in a little tub and it looks like edge control but it’s a little more versatile. Wet curl, pinch a little beautiful mess pomade onto fingers, slide product down hair, finger coil and scrunch. Done

preserving curls

hey, are you using a satin pillow case or satin wrap when you sleep? I find the best way to get my hair to hold overnight is to tie it up loosley with a satin scrunchie ( you can find them at Walmart or Target) and then wrap it. you can also find a silk lined beanie on Amazon it's a little spendy but it stays on better than a wrap

RE: preserving curls

i'll see about a satin pillow case. i've tried pineapple buns before but my hair is too short and ends up completely out by mornong. thanks for the suggestions
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing