Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

help i need curls

my hair is waive but im looking for something to make it curly with no heat 

RE: help i need curls

A great haircut will also make a big difference as that’s the foundation for any curly hairstyle. If you don’t see a curly hair specific stylist who cuts your hair dry then I highly recommend checking one out. Granted I have 3b curls but my hair is also very fine and switching to a deva trained stylist 10 years ago changed my life

RE: help i need curls

My hair is smack dead in the middle of waves and curls. My hair curls a lot better if I use (the purple on) Davines Love shampoo for frizz, followed by Devacurl texture whip run through my wet hair. I had my stylist add layers and get a lot of the bulk out, but be careful! If they cut too short of layers they will frizz. I also have to let my hair air dry and crunch it up every now and again. If I twist it and put it up in pins it doesn’t come out as good as letting it air dry. I hope this helps!

Re: help i need curls

Wavy and curly are two different hair types, so there's only so much you can do. To encourage curl, look for products that say "curl enhancing" or "curl defining." Many creams and puddings are too heavy for wavy hair, so I recommend trying mousses, foams, and gels to start. I'm currently revisiting the DevaCurl wavy line, because on their website they're offering a mini set of shampoo, conditioner, and two styling products for $20. I've also had some success with the Briogeo Curl Charisma line and Ouidad products. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing