Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

What to do for curly frizzy hair.

My hair has really pretty natural curls when I let it air dry but as soon as I go to brush it, it poofs. Any recommendations on products or things to do to stop that.

Re: What to do for curly frizzy hair.

Everyone has given such great recommendations! You definitely should not brush your hair, as it will make your hair look poofy. After washing your hair, we recommend using a curl-defining cream, to help maintain shape. Briogeo's Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Avocado Leave-In Defining Creme contains Tomato Fruit Ferment, which aids in enforcing consistent curl formation, and enhances curl definition. You can layer Briogeo's Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Sprayon top of it, and this contains Argan Oil, which helps to control frizz! You can let your hair dry after applying these 🙂

And a great way to maintain your curls is pineappling your hair before going to bed, and then covering it with a silk scarf, or sleeping on a satin pillowcase. This helps to reduce friction, and also helps to maintain curl shape between washes. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: What to do for curly frizzy hair.

NEVER EVER brush your hair.  I have curly hair as well and I use a wide toothed comb. This is my routine.  First I get in the shower, and wet my hair completely then I take the comb and comb through my hair section by section.  Next I take Shea Moistures coconut and hibiscus curl and shine shampoo and massage it into my scalp.  DO NOT put the shampoo on the bottom half of your hair.  Then it will be stripped of too much moisture.  I rinse my hair and get all the shampoo out.  After that I then finish my shower, and when I get out squeeze water out of my hair with MY HANDS or a cotton t shirt.  DONT USE A TOWEL.  It creates frizz.  Then I comb it once more and then apply the Shea moisture curl and shine hair cream to the bottom section by combing through my hair with the product on the bottom section.  Then I take more product ( dime size amounts ) and smooth it on top of the hair on my scalp.  After that's done I take the Cantu Moisturizing curl activator cream and use a dime size mixed with water for my whole head and bottom half applying it how I applied the shea moisture one.  I then flip my hair over and massage my scalp and then flip my hair over to its regular position and massage it again, this helps create  volume. I then let it air dry. When its drying I will occasionally flip my hair over and "fluff it up" be careful and do it gently, you can do it to much and it will create frizz. In case you are wondering I do not use conditioner I only use the creams after my shower. You can get these products from the drug store. I struggled with taking care of my curly hair for years and discovered this regimen a couple years ago.  The curls always turn out moisturized and my hair has volume.  Hope this helps!  : )  Good luck!!

RE: What to do for curly frizzy hair.

Rule #1 of curl care is never brush your hair when it’s dry. It causes damage, makes you shed more, and the obvious frizz and poof. Use a leave in or detangler and wide tooth comb when your hair is wet.
Anonymous Insider

what if the hair tangles too much between washes?? I alwa...

what if the hair tangles too much between washes?? I always panic when I feel tight knots when I go wash and detangle with my fingers, I feel I end up shedding even more!

Re: what if the hair tangles too much between washes?? I alwa...

@Anonymous Devacurl recently released a new product Wash Day Wonder. It is a pre-cleanse slip detangler. It sounds like this could be the product help you with your tangled curls. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing