Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Verb ghost oil

Any thoughts on Verb ghost oil? I've been using the Moroccanoil treatment for 5 years and I love it, but I've been thinking about trying something new to spruce things up. I've recently come across the Verb and Madam CJ Walker brands and now I'm wondering which one would be the best for wavy-curly hair. THanks in advance!

Re: Verb ghost oil

@MsMB6 I own 5 hair oils, but Verb Ghost Oil isn't one.  I looked into it, and to me it looked like a standard hair oil in that it had the usual silicones in it.  I'm not against silicones in hair products (I tend to embrace them!) but it just didn't catch my eye.  I do like the price, though!  I agree with @Titian06 about getting a sample first 🙂  

Thanks for the info! I haven’t checked the ingredients thoroughly enough, apparently, as I generally prefer silicone-free products for my hair since those that contain silicone somehow always leave some sort of a residue. I unfortunately don’t live in the US so I have to take risks with purchasing full sizes every time I travel somewhere where they do have Sephora, otherwise getting a sample would be the best course of action for sure. 

@MsMB6 Getting samples can be hard!  I think Josie Maran Argan Oil is actually silicone-free, so you may wish to look into that one.  I've gotten numerous foil samples of it, so if you can get your hands on one of those it'd be great.  🙂

Hi, @MsMB6!  I have wavy/curly hair and have been using Verb Ghost Oil on and off for about a year.  When I say on and off, I received several different hair oils in various Sephora Favorites kits.  I've tried Moroccan oil, B&B Hairdresser''s Invisible Oil, Marula oil, and maybe something else along with the Ghost Oil.  My favorite was the marula oil, but sephora no longer carries it.  It is available via Drunk Elephant, but it's very expensive!  My next favorite is the Ghost Oil.  It is a bit thick compared to the Moroccan oil.  I use one pump for my shoulder length, fine, thin, but dry hair.  It has made a huge difference.  It's not nearly as dry as it used to be.  It has helped control a very dry, itchy spot on my scalp.  It has also helped tame the frizz.  I didn't care for the Moroccan oil because it was too rich for my hair.

If you live near a Sephora, I recommend getting a sample to see how you like it.  It does have a different texture than what you're used to, so keep that in mind.

Thanks! How does it compare to the Invisible Oil, though? Since I have really long hair, I am more worried about dryness and damaged ends than about it being weighed down, so having something that effectively prevents and improves both is most definitely something I would like to see in a single product. 

@Titian06 How does it compare to the B&B Hairdresser's Oil?

@CookieGirl1 - What @melissabt said!  I was looking for something to help my dry hair and to control frizz and flyaways.  The B&B did not do any of this.  I quit using it after about half a bottle.  I did not like it at all!

@CookieGirl1,

I have used both of them on my hair! The hair dressers oil is definitely lighter weight in texture and it does give a nice shine to the hair. The Verb oil add shine too, it is a bit thicker and I like to warm it up in my hands before applying it onto my hair.

❤️ Melissa

@melissabt Thanks for the comparison!  I never liked hair oils until recently and I think it's because (and I hate to sound snobby) but I had only tried inexpensive drugstore oils that just made my hair feel greasy.  Recently I've tried a couple slightly higher-end ones (the B&B one, the Argan Oil from Healthy Sexy Hair, and the Chi Silk Infusion) and I've really enjoyed them!  Because I now have a totally different opinion of hair oils, I've been having fun checking out different ones and the Verb oil has intrigued me so I'm really glad that you were able to give your opinion since you've used a few of them yourself.

@CookieGirl1,

You're very welcome! I was using the Hairdressers oil for a long time and I still do in rotation with the Verb Oil. I was looking for another option to mix it up a bit and I tried it in store and I loved how it made my hair feel and look! I even had a friend tell me that my hair looked glossy, without me saying that I put anything new in my hair:)

❤️ Melissa
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing