Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

To deva or not ?

What are your opinion on deva curl products ? Which ones work for you ?

Re: To deva or not ?

Hello my fellow Sabrina! 🙂

Deva Curl Light Defining Gel has been the best product for my curls! I've tried every curl product on the shelf, this is NOT an exaggeration, and finally found something that keeps my hair curly, bouncy, frizz-, sticky- and grease-free. I DO add a slight spritz of Tresemme 5 humidity resistance hair spray after the gel tho, because I live in a very humid area and summers are rough on the mane! 

Deva tends to work better on women who have shorter, lightweight curls. Meaning-curls that tend to be voluminous but not necessarily thick hair. I have thick, long hair and tried Deva. For my curls I played with the product as I do with any when using for the first time. Trying a little than alot-It requires more product bc of my thickness, length. Unfortunately the formulas of Deva are not designed for my hair type. As you see most of models on IG have shorter-medium length hair with a specific curl. 

2a/3c curl type here. I tried Deva products and I found they felt too heavy and greasy for my hair. However, my mom has finer, dryer curls and she loves the whole Deva system. After years of searching I've found the Aveda BeCurly system to be a real game-changer for me. Fave product is:

http://www.aveda.com/product/17770/16397/styling/creme/be-curly-curl-enhancer#/shade/6.7_fl_oz%2F200...

This is the second time I've preached the gospel of Aveda Curl Enhancing cream today, but seriously it's amazing! 

RE: To deva or not ?

I'm not crazy about that line. But their coconut Super Cream is amazing. Everything else is just mehhh... good starter products for newly transitioned curlies. But after a short while my hair got bored with the products. It all stoped working for me. Plus most of their stuff smells funny 😕

I use Deva also. Great products. Little goes a long way and doesn't leave my hair greasy or sticky. 

RE: To deva or not ?

LOVE THEM!! I feel like they would work on anyone and even when I try new products I always end up going back to Deva. I use one condition as a leave in and then the styling cream as well as ultra defining gel. I rarely have bad hair days with that combination.

I feel like it depends on your hair tbh. I have fine curl...

I feel like it depends on your hair tbh. I have fine curly hair and find that it can be hit or miss as far as looking fabulous or weighing my hair down. I find the no poo shampoo difficult to rinse out.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing