Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

Any tips on how to color curly hair without damage or with minimum damage? possibly without using bleach/ammonia... but how? anybody did it before? did it damage the pattern of ur curls? what did you do to revive and restore your beautiful curls? help, please!!

Also, if you did, can you let me know where and how much... thinking of doing a brown balyage on my black hair but I don't want the damage or the bleach 😞

RE: The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

I know that we all want to play with our hair color at some point in our life, but I am telling you: unless you have grey to cover and unless your hair is super thick and strong, avoid coloring! It destroyed my curls!! Even if I went at a fancy salon and used a master lever stylist ..... Olaplex really help but the top part of my hair isn’t still as curly anymore after one year and it feels like isn t growing at all 😭

Re: RE: The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

@Italianainusa Colouring your hair has no impact on growth. Your growth cycle is predetermined at birth. Curly hair can FEEL like it isn't growing because of your curl pattern (ie how tight your curl is). Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL works wonders at reviving stretched out curls. 

RE: Re: RE: The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

Yeah I know curls seems to grow slowly, I’ve been curly all my thirty-something life lol. I swear after my last cut and balayage the top part of my hair is barely wavy , while in the back of my hair Olaplex + flaxseed gel brought back to me my corkicelli pattern and it is (slowly but steady) growing ... I am wondering if the balayage job has been so bad it burned it or if happened because of the weird and horrible way she cut it (slicing it with the side of che scissors instead of cutting). So I look like a have a 80s mullet and want to cry every time I look at myself in the mirror.

RE: The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

I use Kerastase products to wash, condition, and style and have found they make a huge difference in the health of my curly, bleached, and dyed hair. The Discipline line is what works best for me.

Re: The STRUGGLE of coloring curly hair with the minimum damage :(

Unfortunately I don't think you can avoid damage however there are products that can help restore your hair. Olaplex is really good for your hair and also the Moroccan oil hydrating hair mask, both are hydrating and help your hair recover from damage.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing