Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Shampoo/ no poo/ booo

Okay girls! So I am getting fed up with finding a curly hair solution! I’m getting ready to chop it off! (Jk I don’t have a nerve). I have tried Shea moisturizer, Deva curl, and a couple other big brands. I tried going no shampoo and a wash or two a week with sea moisturizer. I just need some suggestions! I have little baby fly always constantly (eye roll). The crown of my hair is the real root of my problem (no pun intended). Oh and I have not dyed or used heat on my hair in probably about a year. I’m more comfortable with get styling products but maybe that’s what’s hurting me??? I don’t know that type curl I am? I have beautiful definition when I get out of the shower and the air is the problem, when my hair start drying (poof!) PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous Insider

Shampoo/ no poo/ booo

have you ever tried eco gel? I use gvp conditioning balm as my cowash and eco gel as my styler. I squeeze excess water out with a t shirt in a scrunching style. then scrunch in eco. let it sit dry until it's hard and scrunch out the crunch! I don't use shampoo either. should definitely check out the curly girl method!

Re: Shampoo/ no poo/ booo

Hey @Rocky916 have you tried drying your hair with a microfiber towel or t-shirt? A lot of curly haired people swear by that for reducing frizz and helping to define their curls. You might also want to get a smoother silk or satin pillowcase to prevent frizz while you sleep.

Some other things to consider, if you're using a gel based styler, is there a large amount of alcohol in it? That could be causing the poof. I prefer to use a styling cream, because I feel it gives me a little more moisture. Curl Keeper makes some relatively inexpensive options that are silicon free, so as not to weigh your hair down or need to wash it every day.

Do you use a hair mask or intense conditioning treatment weekly? I found that also helps me add moisture back in my hair. Good luck; the struggle to find a routine that works is definitely real!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Shampoo/ no poo/ booo

Have you taken the NaturallyCurly.com hair type test? It gives you a bigger insight on your hair type.

RE: Shampoo/ no poo/ booo

Okay now I did! So I’m a 3A type and medium on all levels. I never knew about that page?!
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
testing