Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Products to use with Wavy hair when going some where hot and humid?

I need some help I’m going to Cancun and I am looking for products to use . My hair gets really frizzy and I tried gel and leave in conditioners before but they don’t work. Please help me I usually have to do a hair bun but this time I’m hoping I can find something that will work. Any recommendations? 

Re: Products to use with Wavy hair when going some where hot and humid?

@curlyitgirl  Your vacation sounds exciting!  I have the same struggles as you do, and I live in a very humid, warm area.  

I was recently given as a gratis the new Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance shampoo and No. 5 Conditioner.  I can't explain how these products work, but they coat the hair with something that keeps it cleaner for longer, curls less frizzy, and yet not weighted down at all.  I wish everyone would try these, because they were really effective for me.  Olaplex also makes a treatment called Hair Protector No. 3 which a lot of people love.  I haven't tried it, so I can't recommend it, but you might consider that also.  Here's a link to that brand: https://www.sephora.com/olaplex?icid2=product_link_brand

Also, Sephora doesn't sell this product, but I have used the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil before blow-drying, and it really does smooth the hair quite a bit.  The challenge is always to keep the smoothness going, and I just wanted to mention some products that work for me.

Thanks for letting me know about Olaplex i have read the reviews about the shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment. I will try it out 🙂

We are so happy to hear you are enjoying No.4&5! Let us know what you think of No. 3 when you try it! 🙂 

Hello @curlyitgirl! Cancun sounds very exciting so I hope you have a blast. I recently took a trip to Puerto Vallarta, MX and beat the humidity with my HG hair products. I used (and use on a daily basis) Living Proof’s No Frizz Nourishing Cream, Bumble and Bumble’s Invisible Hairdresser’s Oil (if I straightened my hair) and Living Proof’s Flex Hairspray (if I curled my hair) to help beat humidity and frizz. The Living Proof Nourishing Cream I use every time I wash my hair- I just apply it to my damp hair before I blowdry it. The B&B Oil I used to seal the style if I was straightening my hair to prevent frizz from taking over and the Living Proof Flex Hairspray I always use when I curl my hair to set the style and prevent frizz. If you haven’t tried these products yet, I suggest you check them out and try them before you take your trip just to make sure that they work for you as they do for me. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you for telling me what products you used when you went to MX i'll try them out. I never had luck finding products to use for humid dry weather. Thx again!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing