Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Olapex...? Ola-What?

On another post, there is a lot of (positive) fuss about Olapex Hair Perfector (never heard of it until now). Have any WOC tried using this on extensions (don’t judge me) or natural hair? 😉

Re: Olapex...? Ola-What?

I've used it on my natural hair for several years.

Initially, because I was changing the color of my hair to fashion colors, and doing it every 8 weeks or so, but then because I realized it's really a great conditioner for my 3c/4a hair.

I went to a professional colorist about a month ago and now my hair is purple, but I've gone back to using Olapex weekly.  I don't follow the directions, either, and depending on how dry my hair is, I may leave it in overnight.  My curls look completely springy and refreshed when I wash it out.

As far as extensions, as long as it is human hair, I don't see why this wouldn't help.  It would probably be more effective as a treatment to do after the extensions are removed, to preserve the integrity of your hair under the extensions.

Also, who is going to judge you for extensions, especially another black woman?  Not me, because I understand, you do you, and if you want extensions, go for it.

Now if you are looking for products for curly hair, including masks and treatments, I like DevaCurl.  But there are so many now just for curly hair, it is difficult to choose.

Good luck!

RE: Re: Olapex...? Ola-What?

does it work well on un colored hair as well???

Olapex...? Ola-What?

Olaplex is an amazing bond multiplier. it rebuilds your hair from the inside, out. It works by relinking broken disulfide bonds. It works great on all hair. It a treatment, not a conditioner. I usually clairify my hair the use Olaplex #3, for a min 20 min, then follow up with your fav moisture or protein conditioner (I like joico revitalux). Olaplex works internally, so the exterior still needs to be addressed, by using a conditioner with.

RE: Olapex...? Ola-What?

i have blue natural hair. i have also had red and purple. the only way i could get the saturation and intensity of color, was to first bleach my hair. olaplex was a godsend to repairing my curls. i doubt my curls would have bounced back without olaxplex. i use it immediately after chemical treatments. then reuse it every other week, alternating between it and a moisturizing conditioner for a month.
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing