Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Noticed grease build-up and loss of hair on scalp possibly from using DevaCurl NoPoo shampoo and conditioner! Please help!

I've been through a ton of brands and dont know what to do with my hair. I don't really like using the generic store brands cause I feel like the sulphates are not good for my hair. I used Nioxin for a bit and although my hair was shedding less it made it so dry! I finally tried DevaCurl and I loved what it did to my loose curls but I feel like recently I've been shedding a lot more and my scalp is greasier (I've been using the same argon oil for my hair so that isn't the problem). I did however start using the Mistress anti-frizz leave in conditioner and I'm not sure if that might have an effect. I've also started using weekly masks for my hair which have helped it with the dryness (specifically the Shea Moisture brand). What do you all reccomend? And have you had similar experiences? I'm in my 20s so I would love to use something more consistently than I'm doing now. I've attached a photo of my hair texture and style. I really appreciate any advice or discussions about experience(s)!

Re: Noticed grease build-up and loss of hair on scalp possibly from using DevaCurl NoPoo shampoo and conditioner! Please help!

try out our co-wash!

AMIKA - Nice Cream Cleansing Conditioner

RE: Noticed grease build-up and loss of hair on scalp possibly from using DevaCurl NoPoo shampoo and conditioner! Please help!

Since it’s a no poo, it doesn’t lather like a typical shampoo.. you need to really be scrubbing/massaging your scalp well enough to ensure all of the no poo is 1) evenly washing your entire scalp, and removing buildup. 2) making sure that the no poo is being washed away well enough and not being left and in turn causing more buildup

Re: Noticed grease build-up and loss of hair on scalp possibly from using DevaCurl NoPoo shampoo and conditioner! Please help!

@Meli9599 

How often are you washing your hair with the DG products? 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing