Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Need a ruler to do my hair, my hairstylist not me!

When I go to the same hairstylist I've been seeing for about 5 years, she cuts 3-5 inches off the left side so it will look even.  Two weeks later, the right side looks 3-5 inches shorter and it stays that way. She calls it "lazy curl." I have no idea where my hair came from, I don't think my mother, possibly my father, but for many years it has resembled a bush -- if you shake it, small birdlings might fly out. OF COURSE it's a frizzy mess. I used to think this happened because of all the years I carried a shoulder bag on my right side, but hair grows from the scalp, yes? Does anyone have a similar problem or know of a solution? Stylist says NO EXTENSIONS but this mop sure looks lopsided. Many thanks, Sephorians!  xo

Re: Need a ruler to do my hair, my hairstylist not me!

I feel like my hair does this but not that dramatically get relaxers but still have texture in my hair and for me the back is more course than the front ...i would probably never go back if she did that to my hair. I always straighten the hair out before i cut it because now hypothetical if you wanted to flat iron it out its not ginna be even. Lazy curl or no lazy curl on either side of your head...to me thats a big big no no.im sorry you had to go through that and i hope your expirence is better next time. Having curly hair is one of the reasons why i became a cosmetologist. Curly hair is abuse neglected and miss understood. I my self am mixed and growing up with a Caucasian mother who had no idea that to do with my hair but shave it made me learn a lot on my own. I love my curls and curls in general lol

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing