Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Natural looking perfect curls

Hi All! I'm looking for something that will make my curls look bouncy and moisturized without leaving my hair looking like I have product in it. I've been using Renpure Coconut Curl Defining Creme along with Biolage Defining Hair Creme but lately I can't find Renpure in any stores by me. Also, I usually air dry my hair, does using a diffuser for naturally curly hair usually make it look better or worse?  

RE: Natural looking perfect curls

Diva curl is amazing! Try B leave in and lite defining gel. Air dry then scrunch after completely dry. Hair is soft defined and bouncy. This line has completely transformed my natural root to tip spiral curls
Anonymous Insider

Re: Natural looking perfect curls

Hi there,

I have curly/wavy hair (more curly since I moved somewhere new with more humidity) and I have encountered the same issue with my hair looking like it was weighed down by too much product. 

I love the DevaCurl Coconut Curl Styler Supercream, but I find it's too heavy for my hair type when applied directly. I mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle (I add enough water so that it's about the consistency of tomato soup...gross reference, sorry!). 

I have found using a diffuser makes my hair look worse unless I put it on "cool" and on the lowest air setting, in which case it takes a lot longer to dry than it would normally using a blow dryer. In a pinch I'll do it, but it isn't a part of my normal routine. 

I let my hair air dry overnight and then spray it with my Devacurl mixture in the morning, then put my hair in a silk cap to hold it up and allow the curls to settle while the product soaks in. It  doesn't look greasy or heavy, but it also seriously reduces frizz and makes my hair more moisturized.

I hope this helps! 

P.S. If you want to try it, the Renpure brand makes a cleansing conditioner that I have used to replace my normal shampoo-conditioner routine. It took a few washes for my hair to adjust, but this is what has made the biggest difference in making my hair look moisturized and healthy. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing