Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Natural Coarse Hair

I am looking for your recs of Detanglers, moisturizers, or leave-ins. My hair is so coily and coarse and DRY 😭 Mask recommendations are welcome too. I am just fed up. The easier & faster to use, the better.

Re: Natural Coarse Hair

Check out the below!

AMIKA - Vault Leave-In Conditioner

AMIKA - The Wizard Detangling Primer

AMIKA - Supernova Moisture and Shine Cream

AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask

@SailorTaurus  I have coarse hair on the crown of my head. The rest of my head is “normal”/medium, and my entire head is natural coily. I can usually detangle in the shower with SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus conditioner. But sometimes I detangle pre-shower with coconut oil. I don’t do that often because it’s so messy. I’m still looking for a good product made specifically for detangling coily hair; I’ve tried a couple but wasn’t fond of them. 

My leave-in conditioner is always SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus conditioner. It’s the only SheaMoisture product that’s kept working great for me for years, despite some reformulations. I use a Camille Rose cream (I forget the name right now; it’s the green one) as a morning moisturizer, but I’m about to test a few others.

I recently started using another SheaMoisture conditioner kinda as a mask: Coconut Custard Wash and Go. That stuff is VERY thick and doesn’t have nearly as much slip as my leave-in does, so I detangle before I use it. I keep it in for 5 minutes, rinse it out, and add my leave-in. Makes my hair feel very moisturized and really does extend my wash & go. I wish it came in a squeeze tube; the pump bottle is useless with this stuff. 

@SailorTaurus I use Carol’s Daughter hair mask. My hair behaves much better when I use it and I only leave it in 5 to 7 minutes. My daughter has super dry hair and she uses Carol’s Daughter Milk moisturizing cream. Her scalp used to flake, but it doesn’t anymore. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing