cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

Maintain hair??

I have ALOT of curly blonde hair (as seen in images below) and I just don’t know how to make it less poofy and big so it will actually look good when I have to go places instead of sticking it in a bun! HELP!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Maintain hair??

Beautiful hair. Are you using a deep treatment weekly? It looks a bit dry. Dry a deep treatment and then be sure you are using a good styling product to get clumps, instead of flyaways. Here's an article you might like about getting clumps.

Maintain hair??

Wow! You have beautiful curls. Get Olaplex #3. I love to use it for a weekly treatment, and leave in💗

Maintain hair??

hi i use "Sedal crema for my hair for me is works fine maintains your hair good and is just a cream you can buy on ebay is green color for curly hair.

RE: Maintain hair??

You have really pretty hair! I agree with the other replies, but if you’re looking for less poofiness, you might just need to strike a better balance between volume and definition. For loose curl patterns, styling while your hair is still pretty sopping wet and ending your styling with a gel can help you keep your defined curl shape without weighing you down... but then you have more control over volume. Wait until your hair is dry and set in the gel cast before fluffing so you can add only as much volume as you want, and you get less frizz than if you agitate the curls while they’re still drying.

Deva Curl is amazing. It has helped me with my curly hair

@Anonymous Longer hair can be less poofy b/c it has more weight, but sometimes it can be more poofy b/c there's so much of it.  Have you had it shorter and/or layered in the past?

Anonymous Insider

i have gotten my hair layered and cut short in the past and it made my hair realy poofy and uneven.

@Anonymous Hmmm...What products are you currently using?

@Anonymous I also think it might be helpful if you read "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey of Deva Curl fame 🙂

Maintain hair??

It is going to start with what type of Shampoo / Conditioner you are using. it needs to be extremely Hydrating especially for the amount of hair you have [ fyi it's amazing]! Personally for your hair I would recommend DevaCurl. Once you nailed that, you need the correct styling treatments , i.e leave in conditioner , styling creams / gel depending on the strength of your desired style. Try avoiding regular towels to dry your hair as they cause MORE frizz, instead use an old shirt , the cotton loves curls.
10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos3
testing