Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Lose curls during the night

I have fine curly hair, and i've found that my curls tend to flatten out during the night. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me maintain my natural texture while sleeping? 

RE: Lose curls during the night

Try a loose ponytail during the night with a satin or no pull scrunchie. It works great for me!

Re: Lose curls during the night

Are you pinning your hair up at night or leaving your hair down when you sleep @EmilyJ0392 ? I have textured, 3b-3c curls and usually place my hair up in a loose pinnapple with Bobbi pins and use a cylindrical multi-purpose headwear like the GOT or Buff brand to sleep in. I’ll tie the headwear up in a knot at the top that way all my hair is enclosed and I never had an issue with it slipping off at night. I like this method because it doesn’t flatten my hair and I still have volume, no dents and it barely disturbs my curl pattern so not a lot of frizz. Only con is that I look like Marge Simpson in the headwear when I wear it around the house. 

Re: Lose curls during the night

Put your hair up in a bun while you sleep with a INVISIBOBBLE - Sprunchie

they don’t damage the hair or cause friction. When you wake up you’ll have to either mist your hair with a texture spray like VERB - Sea Texture Spray 

or water and use a diffuser on the end of your blow dryer on the lowest heat setting. @EmilyJ0392 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing