From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

In desperate need of help to combat high humidity hair!

I just moved to Georgia from Michigan and.. R.I.P. my hair. I have NO idea how to style my hair in this humidity! My hair is naturally wavy, coarse, and frizzy so going aú natural is not an option. I would preferto heat-style it with a curling wand (because this seems to take care of frizz the best!) but, due to the humidity, the heat-styled waves just steam right out. So, I believe I have to rely solely on products to style my hair. What products do you use to make waves in your hair when the humidity is oppressive? I’ve tried a few products that go on wet hair but then when I blow dry (with a diffuser!) my hair gets frizzy and looks.. frazzled. So I’m looking for something to both make waves and combat frizz. Open to suggestions on any products or products + heat-style combos (as long as it can withstand the sauna that is Georgia in the summer!). HELP!

Re: In desperate need of help to combat high humidity hair!

@lindsaysays  I use the living proof no frizz line and devacurl arcangel gel--they also have a cream for wavy hair.  Don't use regular towels on your hair--use a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt.

RE: Re: In desperate need of help to combat high humidity hair!

Thanks for the tips! Do you heat-style too or just go with products?

Re: RE: Re: In desperate need of help to combat high humidity hair!

@lindsaysays  98% of the time I just air dry.  I'll use a curling iron for special occasions. The humidity down here is killer,

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing