Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

How to get curly hair

Hi everybody Need help to start my curly hair process ,I have thick kinda straight 4c hair the products I've been using is Diva curl shampoo conditioner hair Cream and pomade anti frizz towel I put some argan oil in my hair for extra moisture been using the product since end of June. I've see a small Improvement in my texture but I need something that can really improve my process of having curly hair or natural hair style. I don't use any type of heat on my hair. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Ty

Re: How to get curly hair

Are you transitioning from something like a relaxer perm or frequent straightening? 15 years ago I started my transition from relaxed to natural, without cutting off all my relaxed hair. If you’re transitioning, I highly recommend keeping your hair in twists or braids (not super tight braids, otherwise you’ll cause breakage) as much as possible until you’re comfortable enough with your regrowth length to cut off all your straight ends. That’ll help keep breakage and split ends to a minimum. 

When you wash your hair, does it take a long time (hours) to air dry, or does it dry very quickly? Or is your hair a mix of both those things? Mine’s a mix. The hair all around my face and in 2 small patches elsewhere is so high porosity, it’s dry before I step out of the shower (after washing my hair). But my rear crown is so low porosity, it takes a full 24 hours to air dry. Everywhere else is medium porosity. Knowing this about your hair will help you figure out what kinds of products to use. For instance, I can’t use humectants—such as any products containing honey—all over my head because they make most of my coils tangle into tiny knots, and they fry my high porosity areas (they allow moisture to leave my already dry hair). 

For reference, I’m 4a everywhere except 2 weird little patches of 3c. I currently use OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk shampoo, but I’m also hunting around for a new shampoo. My conditioner is SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine. And the only product I use after that nowadays is Ouidad Curl Quencher cream. My hair loves coconut oil and silk protein in products, and whatever witchcraft is in that Ouidad cream. 

How to get curly hair

Hi there lovely! I have 2b curls but they're incredibly thick and prone to dreading if I'm not careful! 😫 best thing I've used is IGK cleansing conditioner. I think it's called smoke and mirrors. It smells delicious and I get compliments for it all the time.
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing