From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

How do you get curls with naturally straight hair?

I have had completely straight hair my whole life and I really want to change up my hairstyle. So I was wondering how can I make my hair look naturally curly? If anyone has routine suggestions or product suggestions that could help that’d be great!

How do you get curls with naturally straight hair?

I used to watch my cousin all of the time when I was a teenager, my cousin has straight thick hair and wanted Shirley Temple curls. So I used to curl her hair with those foam curlers so I wouldn't damage her hair with heat. I would put them in her hair while her hair was still damp, she would sleep with them in and I took them out in the morning. She had perfect curls every time.

Re: How do you get curls with naturally straight hair?

Let me introduce myself before I going into all details. I am a thickened kinky natural young lady that had it pure virgin meaning no chemical or heat and natural  from big chopped for abt 6 yrs. I am active in a lot of natural hair discussions they usually teach u how take care of hair, why preventing perm, what ph balance is, etc.

By way there is NO products to take care of it if your hair is permed, bleached, dyed, or something of chemically. It only can be in natural state if you cut all chemical sections off. Let me put it some of natural hair girls flatten their hair with heat, heat damage hair follicles and shaft so it stay thin looking like and flattened til they trim heated damaging parts to deep conditioner and got back to natural state. But it different from ppl who never been natural first place. They had to cut whole more than what she did or grow it out meaning no more chemical...Look up transition from natural googling. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing