Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Help me with my frizz ball

My curls are everywhere sometimes very tight and defined other times more wavy. I’ve been trying new things washing once a week while conditioning in between Moroccan oil & their curl defining cream, tea tree oil (I’ve always had a dry scalp). The conditioner & shampoo I use is shea moisture coconut & hibiscus. My curls feel soft but I have CRAZY FRIZZ & FLY AWAYS! any suggestions?☹️

Help me with my frizz ball

@Gabriela26 I've found sometimes if I moisturize too much, my finer hairs especially will look wispy and flyaway. It'll feel super soft, but maybe needs something to build up the strand. Some of your curls may be naturally looser than others, but some could also have lost their spring. -That can be a sign of needing protein. Or of needing clarifying to get what's weighing down the hair out (>>Moroccan Oil products often have ingred. that call for a sulfate shampoo). -- Does your conditioner contain protein (amino acids, keratin)? And with a dry scalp, have you found the tea tree oil at all drying? Could it be adding to the dryness?

Re: Help me with my frizz ball

Reddit r/curlyhair and their informative sidebar

Microfiber towel, try not to disrupt the natural curl pattern while washing. No brushes. If you have to detangle, wide tooth comb with conditioner in, fingers preferred. 

For my thick curls:

Shea moisture (same line as your shampoo) smoothie and milk, milk is lighter weight than the smoothie, both cream

Bumble and bumble HIO primer and oil. I apply primer right out if shower, a few spritz then finger a bit, then other products. Oil, on dry hair rub a bit in palms then go over hair lightly.

Dry scalp, Neutrogena t/gel shampoo just on scalp

Also scrunch the leave in products in, I do upside down on *wet* hair then lower to microfiber towel to plop, rather than just wrap hair in towel, results are better when you lower your hair into a flat towel. 

Every now and then Redken bonder pre shampoo for added moisture (have hard water) and redken cream shampoo to clarify and remove hard water to bring curls back.

For daily moisture, spray bottle with a mixture of water and conditioner.

@Gabriela26 

RE: Re: Help me with my frizz ball

Thank you !!!

Re: Help me with my frizz ball

Spoiler
For me, I usually notice that my hair gets more frizzy when I detangle it with either a brush, my fingers, or with a conditioner and I think it’s because when detangling, you’re separating your curls apart which creates frizz. It could also be by how you are drying your hair, they say a regular towel is too rough for your hair and most people recommend using a microfiber towel or cotton shirt. Plus, another thing that could be causing your frizz is by touching it too much from styling it or by just messing with it throughout the day. Curly hair is an absolutely no touch zone lol. Hope some of these things might help:)

RE: Re: Help me with my frizz ball

Good to know
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing