Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Hair transitioning

I'm trying to transition my hair its been through he** and back w keratin treatment and heat such as hair curler and hair straighteners but now i'm trying to embrace my curls and i've started transitioning but i wanna know what products to get . my hair curls at the roots and the ends are just dead straight please help !!

Re: Hair transitioning

I transitioned for almost a year. It was difficult finding a product that worked on both hair textures so I decided to focus on the curly hair coming in to make sure it grew in healthy. I did use Deva Curl and Shea Moisture during this time. I preferred Shea Moisture for the price because I wasn't sure if it would be the final preferred product. I also began to attend a lot of curly/natural hair events where I could get products from goodie bags to play around with.

While transitioning, I played around with different protective styles, such as flat twist outs, bantu knots, flexi rods and perm rods. This helped me keep a consistent curl pattern and kept my hair somewhat tamed. Once you're ready to cut off the remaining chemically processed hair, that's when the real adventure begins. Good luck!

RE: Re: Hair transitioning

but one question , i’ve watched a ton of transitioning hair journey on youtube and how it says not to binge out on a products yet , i have a couple of products but one of the most popular products that i don’t have is devacurl , should i invest in it right now or should i wait until my hair is more ahead in the process ? oh and i’ve been transitioning for like a month and my transitioning hair is like really defined curls , does that mean that it’s just gonna keep curling more and more ?

thank you sosososo much . i never heard of curly hair events i’ll look into that

Re: Hair transitioning

You need to continue to trim your hair (if you don't want to completely chop the straight parts off) Youtube is full of heatless styles for all textures of hair - rollers, various types of braids & buns are your friend. You can not wear your hair down everyday. Your hair needs to be left alone. 

Best products to invest in for all hair types - Coconut oil and Apple Cider Vinegar (youtube ACV rinse) 

Moisturizing conditioners will be your best friend - not knowing your hair types makes it difficult to make suggestions. Various deep conditioning/hot oil treatments will also benefit your hair 

i keep looking for what hair type i have but the charts keep switching up and one day my hair looks really curly and the next it looks wavy idk 🤷🏻‍♀️ but thank youu

I have been in the process of transitioning to embrace my...

I have been in the process of transitioning to embrace my natural curls now for about 5 months and girl it's been a long process so far. patience is key! But I recommend the devacurl line. When I first started to transition I found a deva curl certified stylist near me and went and got am entire lesson on how to wash, style, and treat my curls. they also reshaped my hair with a good cut too. be consistent with trims too. I want my long hair back so bad but I'm not going to have my healthy long curls until all the dead and damaged hair is cut off. so like I said, long process but worth it! shea moisture and briogeo have great curly girl friendly products too.

RE: I have been in the process of transitioning to embrace my...

thank you so much !!!!

RE: Hair transitioning

You'll have to trim the dead ends first! If they're really long you can do what I did and trim them some, let it grow out a little more, and then trim the rest!

RE: Hair transitioning

that’s what i’ve been thinking of doing thank youu !!!
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing