Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Curly Hair
|

HAIR WASHING

Be honest... how often do you ACTUALLY wash your curly hair? I wash mine every 7-10 days... oops!

HAIR WASHING

I was my hair maybe once or twice a month?

Re: HAIR WASHING

Usually once a week. I will alternate between ACV rinse or charcoal scrub with a deep conditioner to get rid of scalp buildup then co-washing the following week.  

RE: HAIR WASHING

Honestly once, sometimes twice a week. Any more and my hair gets too dry.

5 days is my goal....sometimes 7.

I wash mine every 7-10 days as well. My hair is wavy and bleached/dyed with vivid color, so I try to wash as little as possible. I usually don’t need to use dry shampoo until day 5-7 depending on how hot it is.

I do mine once a week, although I sometimes stretch it to 8 or 9 days. If I've been cycling and it has been under a helmet or if I've been really sweaty, I'll rinse it under the shower and add a bit of conditioner, but no shampoo. Since I've been washing it less it is in far better condition than it was.

Once a week

I only wash my thick wavy/swavy hair about once a week @amanda0000. My hair is dry/normal so I have no need to wash it more often unless I get sweaty. I use heat on my hair only when it it too cold to let it air dry because it takes my hair anywhere from 4 - 8 hours for my hair to air dry. I have cut down on my dry time since I use an AQUIS - 03 Prime Rapid-Dry Hair Turban

I have a few of those too @Loretta55. They are REALLY good!

I wash my hair once a week, and I always do a pre-poo treatment and deep condition.

@sephoraaddict918 What pre-poo treatments do you use?

@greeneyedgirl107 For my pre-poo, I use a scalp treatment, hair oil, and conditioner. First I put the scalp treatment on and massage my scalp for a few minutes. I previously used my fingers, but now I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Scalp Massager. On my dry hair, I put on the oil first, then the conditioner. I wrap my head with a wet microfiber turban, cover that with a plastic cap, and sit under a hood dryer for 30 minutes.

I am always trying new products, so I don't have any HG recommendations. Currently, I use the Grow Gorgeous Stimulating Scalp Masque mixed with castor oil for my scalp treatment, the Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed Oil, and the Not Your Mother's Matcha Green Tea & Wild Apple Blossom Conditioner. 

@sephoraaddict918 Thanks for sharing!  I admire your dedication!

Hahaha! Yes, it's very time and labor intensive @greeneyedgirl107, but I actually enjoy the process, and my hair has been feeling and looking healthier, so that makes it all worth it. 

I have a mixed pattern of waves and curls with oily roots and dry ends. I play soccer 3x/week and am way too sweaty afterwards to not wash my hair; if it weren't for that, I'd wash every 2-3 days. 

@amanda0000  I normally wash my coily hair once a week. If I’ve been very sweaty during the week, I’ll wash twice that week—but I don’t like to do that. 

RE: Re: HAIR WASHING

Have you ever tried a dry shampoo if your hair gets oily and you don’t want to do a full wash? A coworker that also has could hair was telling me that she did. I may have to snag one, for post gym workouts.

Re: RE: Re: HAIR WASHING

@jannay  I’m not a big fan of dry shampoos, but I’d love to find one that works well for me. 

RE: Re: HAIR WASHING

Me too girlie

@amanda0000 

I’m a dry shampoo fan, I wash my hair once a week. 

Conversation Stats
Photos2