Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

HAIR WASHING

Be honest... how often do you ACTUALLY wash your curly hair? I wash mine every 7-10 days... oops!

RE: HAIR WASHING

i try to wash my hair just once a week but by day 3 my scalp is so itchy & unbearable 😞
Anonymous Insider

I barely wash my curls because I cleanse them. My curls soak up all the product and it gets stuck so I wash maybe every 1-3 days

Re: HAIR WASHING

I have 3b-c coarse, low porosity hair and I haven't used shampoo or even no poo for 20 years.  I only use conditioner 2x a week, maybe a 3rd time if I need to do something special on the weekend.  I mist with water daily and use gel products to liven up the curls. And never let my hair out in the cold....hat, hat, hat, preferably one with a satin lining!

I wash and go so every two days or if I'm lucky three days but that is not often. I find my hair is the best on wash day. I don't follow curly girl at all and find I get the best results for my hair that way. 

I wash my hair about 2-3x weekly. I have been taught that curly hair is very dry and doesn’t easily retain moisture, so don’t shampoo often. I would wash my hair even less if I could but I work in a field that my hair must be up and perfectly coiffed so I use hairspray and product that I don’t want sitting in my hair either.

@amanda0000 Once a week.  I flat iron my hair, and more than that is too much work - and I think too damaging.  

HAIR WASHING

I shampoo about every two weeks, I cowash at least once or twice a week(1 if shampoo week) and a mask at least once a week (sometimes 2). I sometimes change it up. Depends how dry my hair feeling or if I tried something and didn't like how my hair reacted.

HAIR WASHING

I was my hair maybe once or twice a month?

What hair products do you use?

Usually once a week. I will alternate between ACV rinse or charcoal scrub with a deep conditioner to get rid of scalp buildup then co-washing the following week.  

Honestly once, sometimes twice a week. Any more and my hair gets too dry.

5 days is my goal....sometimes 7.

I wash mine every 7-10 days as well. My hair is wavy and bleached/dyed with vivid color, so I try to wash as little as possible. I usually don’t need to use dry shampoo until day 5-7 depending on how hot it is.

I do mine once a week, although I sometimes stretch it to 8 or 9 days. If I've been cycling and it has been under a helmet or if I've been really sweaty, I'll rinse it under the shower and add a bit of conditioner, but no shampoo. Since I've been washing it less it is in far better condition than it was.

Once a week

I only wash my thick wavy/swavy hair about once a week @amanda0000. My hair is dry/normal so I have no need to wash it more often unless I get sweaty. I use heat on my hair only when it it too cold to let it air dry because it takes my hair anywhere from 4 - 8 hours for my hair to air dry. I have cut down on my dry time since I use an AQUIS - 03 Prime Rapid-Dry Hair Turban

I have a few of those too @Loretta55. They are REALLY good!

I wash my hair once a week, and I always do a pre-poo treatment and deep condition.

@sephoraaddict918 What pre-poo treatments do you use?

@greeneyedgirl107 For my pre-poo, I use a scalp treatment, hair oil, and conditioner. First I put the scalp treatment on and massage my scalp for a few minutes. I previously used my fingers, but now I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Scalp Massager. On my dry hair, I put on the oil first, then the conditioner. I wrap my head with a wet microfiber turban, cover that with a plastic cap, and sit under a hood dryer for 30 minutes.

I am always trying new products, so I don't have any HG recommendations. Currently, I use the Grow Gorgeous Stimulating Scalp Masque mixed with castor oil for my scalp treatment, the Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Brassica Seed Oil, and the Not Your Mother's Matcha Green Tea & Wild Apple Blossom Conditioner. 

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
testing