Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Good Mask for Dyed Red (Dry, Fading) Curls??

What mask would you recommend for long, dyed-red curls? My ends are always dry and my color fades so quickly....TIA!😊

Re: Good Mask for Dyed Red (Dry, Fading) Curls??

@Epona11 

Red is the most difficult colour to maintain even on healthy hair, I can explain in detail why but I’m not sure if anyone is interested. Add in damaged hair and you have a recipe for major colour loss.

Think of healthy hair like a tight rope and unhealthy hair like a pine cone. 8D01E1A5-670C-4010-8150-4A7D51FCB741.jpeg

Damaged hair all the cuticle layers are blown open which is why the colour fades so quickly; this is an exaggerated visual to try to help you understand. 

Excessive heat, mechanical damage (brushing), chemicals all attribute to the damage. The colour has nothing to hold onto and slides out. 

I do not know what you are using to colour your hair but switch to a Demi permanent dye, this will help. Also start treating your hair with Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL followed by MADAM C.J. WALKER BEAUTY CULTURE - Inches Reconstructing Moisture Protein Treatment

RE: Re: Good Mask for Dyed Red (Dry, Fading) Curls??

That’s super helpful! Thank you very much. I’ll give those products a try.

Re: RE: Re: Good Mask for Dyed Red (Dry, Fading) Curls??

@Epona11 No prob! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • 8D01E1A5-670C-4010-8150-4A7D51FCB741.jpeg
testing