Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

DevaCurl Original or Decadence?๐Ÿคฉ

Hey curlies! Looking for new hair products! Original or decadence? (Dry, thick, 2c/3a curls)

DevaCurl Original or Decadence?๐Ÿคฉ

I like the OG line in the summer, and the Decadence line during the winter. I religiously use an ACV rinse during the winter and find my curls are not so weighed down๐Ÿ˜„

RE: DevaCurl Original or Decadence?๐Ÿคฉ

I agree, 2c/3a here and I prefer original.

Re: DevaCurl Original or Decadence?๐Ÿคฉ

@SydCCgrace I've tried both, and I preferred the original, One Condition.  Good luck!  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have 3b/3c hair. I prefer the original (no poo and one conditioner) but my all time favorite was the Devacare line which is now sadly d/c. The Decadence line did not provide moisture to my hair although it is a heavier consistence. Everytime I used it, I felt my hair was harder to come through and I had more breakage.

Decadence also weighed my hair down a lot. I would go with the OG if you find that your hair is dry but accepts moisture (even if you have to saturate). If you feel like your hair is dry and very coarse (like you NEVER seem to be able to soften it) go with Decadence. Side note, I think we have similar hair and I just tried the build up buster and deep sea repair and Iโ€™m still in awe as to how much itโ€™s changed my hair. I had one group of strands that turned straight and they are now back to at least wavy again

I have similar type hair and prefer to use Original No Poo @SydCCgrace. Decedence weighed my curls down. You may also like Delight or Low Poo. 

@SydCCgrace I just wanted to add that using the Wave Maker made the biggest difference in my routine. I found that using No Poo and One Condition works best for my wavy/swavy hair type. I leave the One Condition in my hair then add some Frizz Free Volumizing Foam at the root followed by Wave Maker then the Ultra Defining Gel. I will either let dry naturally or dry with a diffuser on medium heat. Unfortunately it could take up to 8 hours for my hair to dry naturally in humid weather. 

Go to the Devacurl website to find a stylist locally to you that follows the Devacurl method of hair cutting and hair styling. It is litterally life changing.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing