Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Curly headed baby...

Hey girls, I'm looking for ideas on curl care and maintenance, my daughter has this fine curly hair that I know nothing of (I'm coarse and straight).  I've learned the hard way that you don't use a brush, and heavy conditioners and shampoos are a no-no.  What do you all use for shampoo / conditioner combos?  Should I tie her hair up when she sleeps?  What do you use for product and do you put it on wet or dry?

thanks in advance. 

Tags:

the socozy brand is made just for kids. you should check...

the socozy brand is made just for kids. you should check it out.

I'm going to check it out, where can it be purchased?

I'm going to check it out, where can it be purchased?

Re: I'm going to check it out, where can it be purchased?

You can get it at Ulta or babies r us.

Re: Curly headed baby...

@brandifabulous I highly rec that you read "Curly Girl" by Lorraine Massey of DevaCurl fame 🙂  It has a ton of helpful information.  And props to you for being so hair-conscious for your daughter!  I wish my mom was that way!

I just grabbed it on Amazon prime thanks for the suggesti...

I just grabbed it on Amazon prime thanks for the suggestion 🖤

Re: I just grabbed it on Amazon prime thanks for the suggesti...

@brandifabulous I hope you find it helpful!  I showed my sister my copy a while back she loved it so much I gave it to her.  I've been meaning to buy myself another one!

Thank you both so much!

One product I'd highly recommend is John Master's Organics Detangler. It's a lightweight conditioner that helps to hydrate curls but also makes it soooo much easier to comb/finger comb out the curls when it's bath/shower time! 

RE: Curly headed baby...

I have found that the Christophe Robin Shampoo/ Scrub works really well to dehydrate and clean thin hair while giving volume. Great for oily thin hair, but don't use it too often. It's also pretty expensive so i recommend to try the smaller 19$ to see if it would work. Other than that my hair works really well with Aveda products, specifically the curl enhancing and lighter formulas. It allows the curls to breathe or stay in shape depending on your buy. Also! If you ever want to style her hair very curly, use a diffuser to blow dry. It lessens the pull of the length of the hair and enhances the curl by allowing it to dry in a tighter shape. The brand isn't cheap either but the bottles are pretty large. Most of it is trial and error (my hair went from thick and straight to thin and curly in puberty) and you have to find what formulas react well to the natural oils and her needs. Good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing