Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Curly Hair Products? 3A/3B

I have pretty frizzy combo of 3A and 3B hair. I've been searching for some sort of hair product that would reduce my frizz and help to define my curls. If anyone could recommend something that would suit my hair type and isn't too heavy. Thanks! 

try shea moisture low porosity protein free line, they have a shampoo, conditioner and leave in that works really well. They also have a raw shea butter deep treatment mask that is good. For a little hold/definition without hardening or drying out your curls try Cantu moisturizing twist & lock cream gel works great

Hi! I would suggest the Not Your Mother's Gardenia Flower and Mango Butter cream!

RE: Curly Hair Products? 3A/3B

Agree on the curl enhancing smoothie. I also recommend twisting your hair at night to reduce frizz with DevaCurl gel. This makes curls shiny and helps maintain frizz.

RE: Curly Hair Products? 3A/3B

Try deva curls build up buster and deep sea repair together. I literally JUST tried it yesterday and it revived curls that had gone completely straight on one side. The rest of my curls have gotten so much volume, but not that dumb poofy volume. Like happy curls volume, I keep getting compliments about how great my hair looks after using it. If you are on a budget, Maui moisture has also been treating me well. Sometimes I feel like the actual products can be too heavy, but the shampoo and conditioner rehydrate my hair like no tomorrow. I also second sheabutter products, but I found after a while I would have an insane amount of build up that gave me dandruff. Won’t be an issue though as long as you do a clean like build up buster or something with Apple cider vinegar

Re: Curly Hair Products? 3A/3B

Maybe look into Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie. It's drugstore and very affordable. I love to use it after I get out of the shower. I pat dry my hair a bit with an old cotton t-shirt (as this will also help with frizz rather than using a regular towel. You could also try drying with a micro-fiber towel) then scoop out a small amount of it, rub it between my palms and fingers, and I scrunch it into my hair. If I want bigger curls, I leave it at that, but if I want even more definition I rake my hands through my curls with more product on them. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing