Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Curly Hair Combo

What’s your curly hair combo? For my curls I use 3 products: Living Proof Prime Style Extender Madame CJ Walker Coconut Oil Alterna Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist

RE: Curly Hair Combo

I love your hair!

Re: Curly Hair Combo

Just styling/refresher products, on a regular basis? I use only one: Ouidad Curl Quencher cream. 

I have various textures, porosities, and curl patterns, and my wiry salt’s overtaking my pepper. So on specific sections of my head, I was using 3 different conditioners at wash time plus 3 different styling products. Last month I started using that Ouidad cream and it’s replaced all my former styling products. 

I don’t even need to use a leave-in conditioner anymore. I still do sometimes out of habit (Camille Rose Coconut Water leave in), but my usual weekly haircare routine is ridiculously simple now: shampoo (OGX Coconut Milk), conditioner (SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine), and Ouidad Curl Quencher cream. I can refresh my curls with a water mist and the curl quencher cream, but some mornings I don’t need to do that. I’m still surprised one product works so well on my entire head. ED8E478E-5AAC-4F8E-8F57-4B1F3C6EAA2A.jpeg

RE: Curly Hair Combo

I switch off products every few weeks, otherwise my hair starts getting “used” to the product, so I have two combos: 1) Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Conditioner and Gel Soufflé 2) DevaCurl One Condition, Ultra Defining Gel, and Set it Free

Hi @LAtheMUA,

I love your curls! I have use any leave in conditioner and then apply the Bumble and Bumble Bb. Curl (Style) Defining Creme to damp hair. I then apply the Bumble and Bumble Bb. Curl (Style) Anti-Humidity Gel-Oil. I let my hair air dry for a few hours and then apply the Kiehl's Silk Groom serum when my hair is dry and scrunch it in my hair to get rid of any crunch that is left from the gel. This gives my curls a softer look.

I am going to look into the Alterna Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist as a finisher!

Thanks for sharing! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@LAtheMUA I LOVE this post! It’s all about the combo 🙂

I love either Alterna CC Cream or Reverie Hair Milk to moisturize and tame frizz and then some sort of spray or mousse to define. My go-to is IGK Sold Out but I also love IGK Down and Out Dirty Spray for some va-va-voom. Ouai Wave Spray is also great for adding more piecy curl definition.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • ED8E478E-5AAC-4F8E-8F57-4B1F3C6EAA2A.jpeg
testing