Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|

Calling all low porosity hair types

Does anyone have any good suggestions on taming 3B/3C/4A low Porosity hair? I have been on a quest in finding products that can tame my hair all year. Thanks for your time!

Re: Calling all low porosity hair types

I have all type 3 low porosity hair and have discovered my holy grail for long lasting (3-4 days) curls is devacurl delight shampoo and conditioner, deva b'leave in, wen mousse and either uncle funky's daughter curly magic, bounce curl creme gel or deva ultra defining gel.  I pineapple at night with invisibobbles.  I found that any creams in my hair cause it to take forever to dry.  Good luck in your curl journey!

Re: Calling all low porosity hair types

With low porosity you want to stay away from proteins in products. Anything that says "strengthening" will dry your hair. Check ingredients all the time. I like Camille Rose styling products; Fresh curls, curl maker and even the lavender curl gel. Low porosity curly girls should also deep condition weekly. Camille Rose has a nice deep conditioner, but I'm loving TGIN Miracle honey deep conditioner. That stuff is magic. For a leave in I like Kinky curly Knot today. My hairdresser (MoKnowshair on YouTube and Instagram) recommended all this and told me to shampoo once a week. Co washing should not be the norm. 

Thank you for posting this! I think that's why my hair ha...

Thank you for posting this! I think that's why my hair has been so dry no matter what I do. During the summer I usually co wash almost everyday thinking it'll help with moisture.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Calling all low porosity hair types

Have you tried Devacurl supercream and gel? I've used them together for hold and moisture. Hope that helps!

RE: Calling all low porosity hair types

Which devacurl gel?

Re: RE: Calling all low porosity hair types

@lroa I think ultra hold Deva gel is always the best. It doesn't get crunchy like other gels so don't let "ultra" scare you!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing