cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils
|
Anonymous Insider

Brushing hair??

So idk about you ladies but i definitley cannot brush my curls they get so frizzy!! what should i use when i detangle them ?

i only detangle when my hair is WET, and i either finger...

i only detangle when my hair is WET, and i either finger detangle, use my denman brush, or sometimes a wide tooth comb. i swear by the denman brush, if you ever want to use any type of brush in your hair (only wet hair of course) i highly suggest investing in a denman!!

Re: Brushing hair??

I personally finger detangle my hair when I finish shampooing/conditioning it. Also I use a Denman brush to detangle my hair in small sections while my hair is still damp. 😊

RE: Brushing hair??

I only comb my hair with my fingers in the shower. If I want to do a style where I need to get some big knots out (like intricate braids) I usually comb through with my fingers as much as I can as they are a lot more gentle and easier to control than a comb. Always make sure you put a leave in conditioner in your hair! If you’re having trouble with getting some knots out of your hair while it’s dry spray some leave in conditioner or detangler in your hair while slowly working through your curls with your fingers and if needed a wide tooth comb.

I've been using my fingers lately in the shower while using conditioner and it helps but I also recommend a good detangler with a wide tooth comb. I made the same mistake of brushing my curls when I was younger and my head looked like a puff ball! Lol! 

I only comb (with a wide tooth comb) my hair in the shower or immediately afterwards.. if I'm extremely tangled I will do it while I still have conditioner in to lessen breakage and tugging but I do get a lot of knots out with my fingers while I'm rinsing my shampoo or co wash out! Hope that helps a bit 😊

I have a wide tooth comb that I use in the shower to comb through my hair once I apply conditioner. Makes it easier when I get out and towel dry to run my fingers through. 

I recommend leave-in conditioner after you wash your hair, then use water and your fingers for any extra maintenance.

Use your fingers!! They're much more gentle so it doesn't hurt as much and you can literally pull apart the tangles. I also recommend using some type of carrier oil (coconut, avocado, or olive) or your favorite rinse out conditioner on the hair when finger detangling. I only use my comb when straightening my hair maybe twice a year. Hope this helps!

I leave in my conditioner and my hair doesmt get frizzy a...

I leave in my conditioner and my hair doesmt get frizzy at all
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing