Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Bring my curls back

My curls have left due to hair dye which I knew would damage it but now I need to know what I can do to bring them back. Right now my hair is just frizzy with waves here and there. Any suggestions?

Re: Bring my curls back

I was actually having the same problem not too long ago! I started using the DevaCurl line. I use the DEVACURL - Low-Poo Delight Mild Lather Cleanser, DEVACURL - One Condition Original Daily Cream Conditioner, and every couple of washes the DEVACURL - Deep Sea Repair Seaweed Strengthening Mask. After washing I put in the DEVACURL - WAVE MAKER™ Touchable Texture Whipand IGK - Sold Out Curl Priming Basecoat. I scrunch these last two into my hair. I have found that using these has REALLY defined my curls and made my hair feel sooo much healthier! I try to make sure not to use any heat styling tools on my hair, and I avoid brushing my hair, unless I'm either just about to wash it, or I REALLY need to brush!! Hope this helps!!

Re: Bring my curls back

@YuriKatsuki --  Based on your description, it sounds like your has has been over processed.  You may have to wait until you have completely new hair growth before you see your curls return.  Regular trims will help.  I would also give my hair a break from the hair color for a while. In the meantime, to help calm the frizz I would suggest using Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  or something similar after you dry your hair.  Not sure if they still make Frizz-ease but it is a relatively inexpensive serum you can put in your hair before or after styling.  

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing