Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Blow dryer vs straightening

Hello all! Recently my hair is a frizzy mess and no product is helping it get tamed.So I thought of blowing drying it straight at least for work.But I am not sure which is least damaging--blow dryer or straightener. Please help. Ps.Which blow dryer is worth the buy??

Re: Blow dryer vs straightening

I like blow drying more than straightening to stop frizziness! I have coarse hair prone to frizz.

I use the Dyson Hair Dryer with Verb Ghost Oil and my hair looks so nice and shiny. Ghost Oil for the heat protection. I tested a bunch of dryers before finally splurging on the Dyson dryer during the fall Sephora sale and it's been worth every penny. My hair has honestlyy never felt better.

My hair is also a fizzy mess, and I've found that blow drying it has helped way more than using a straightener! I make sure to use a heat protector first, the Bumble and Bumble hairdressers invisible oil primer has been great for me!

http://www.sephora.com/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-primer-P386464?skuId=1602960&icid2=products%20gri...

As for specific blow dryers, I'm still trying to find a good one, lol

Hi @FizzaWS!

I have wavy hair and while I'm not using a blow dryer at the moment since it's summer I would normally use a blow dryer and a flat iron. I love the brand Bio Ionic. It's up there in price but my tools are around the 10 year mark and still work great. I will buy from that brand again when they stop working.  I would make sure to look into a heart protector for your hair to minimize damage from the styling tools. Lots of brands have a product like this so you might want to try one from your favorite brand. Hope this helps a bit.

@FizzaWS @veronika23 I agree!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing